Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
Mark
Tarheel.

First Name: Mark
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
Mark will become famous soon enough
Angry Got robbed at the shop today

I'm so pissed off I could scream.

So I am at the Tinder Box, slow night so I'm doing homework and this chubby kid comes in, wanting to buy a cigar. I ask him what he has smoked before that he liked and he says just Phillies. Okay, so I take him into the humidor and he looks at Acids and Javas and all sorts of things that smell almost as bad as he does, before saying he didn't know how expensive they were and he'll have to come back with more money. Fine. That happens all the time. Really, it does.

End of the night comes and I am counting the drawer and go for the change box to get a roll of pennies, and its gone. I assume my boss put it back in the office (moved from its usual hiding place behind the counter) and call him to ask where the box is. He says that it was in its normal hiding place when he left and I got robbed. He'll be there shortly.

So I call the police and file a report and call the owner. We go back into the office and look at the security tapes and what do you know - while I was in the humidor with that little asshole, another guy comes in, goes RIGHT for the cash box, slips it under his trench coat, and walks out.

Thing is - NO ONE would know where the cash box is unless an employee told them. Its not bolted down, and it only has $300 in change in it, but still its not in a easy to find place. My boss gets in and says he knows exactly who that guy is - a friend of the employee I replaced over the summer.

Hopefully we will catch the _____ _________s, but in the mean time I'm so angry that I got played, I don't even know what to do with myself. Fortunately we have four cameras and really good shots of both the kids.

::end rant::

-Mark
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation
Default Re: Got robbed at the shop today

Atleast no one was hurt...
Old 09-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

That sucks Mark but the good thing is that it was not a robbery that caused you to get injured. Good thing for the security tape.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #4
Labman

Dude, that sucks big time! But, at least the cops know who it was...hopefully they'll catch their asses!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #5
potlimit
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (7)
PL
potlimit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunng View Post

Exactly... better to get played than shot (over $300 in change).

You live and learn. You know for next time.
potlimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunng View Post

Glad to hear you're OK. Worse things have happened in Durham.

You're lucky.

Now, go smoke a good one and relax.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #7
Pilon
Feelin' the Love

First Name: Travis
Trading: (49)
Bolivar
Pilon will become famous soon enough

Good luck getting everything settled.
Pilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Atleast no one was hurt
Old 09-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #9
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (12)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
TheTraveler has a spectacular aura aboutTheTraveler has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sailor View Post
Atleast no one was hurt
Exactly. I'm glad you're safe and sound, Mark.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #10
DoctorBJ

Wasn't your money too. Still sucks friend.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #11
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

At least no one got hurt, sucks that it happened but it could have been far worse if you were out there.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #12
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Glad you are OK... but I understand your frustration. At least the boss knows who to go after. You were doing your job, bro.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #13
bvilchez
En búsqueda.....

First Name: Bolivar aka Jay
Trading: (76)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
bvilchez has disabled reputation

Phillies.......smart ass punk......

Good thing you're ok.......like Joe said I understand how pissed you are
bvilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #14
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Hopefully karma bites them in the rear very, very, soon
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:55 PM   #15
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Nothing you could do Mark. It's the bait and switch. Happens more often than you think. Sorry for the loss but at least they didn't take any cigars and you were not hurt and still have a job. Not to mention they know who the guy is so he'll get his day in court.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:56 PM   #16
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Sorry Mark!!! I hope they catch those guys!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #17
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

That sucks man! I used to manage the music/dvd department at a Barnes and Noble and we had a regular shoplifter that stole $5000+ worth over about a year. Every time I took a vacation he'd see it was a noob working the department and he'd rob us blind. I had to file several police reports, but after a year of working my employees to watch for the guy, the idiot made an order with us and gave us his name, then an employee followed him out and got a license plate number. After that the cops hauled him in and he was toast. He ended plea bargaining so I'm not sure if he did much time, but at least there was some vindication there. So anyway, I know how infuriating it is when people steal from your shop. It really makes you want to kick some ass. If you have the video, a police report and you can remember a name of the friend at least you might be able to catch the scumbag. Unfortunately, with only $300 in petty cash stolen, you'd be lucky to stick him with a misdemeanor, so better to just watch out for that ex-employee and his scumbag friends in the future! If they're pulling sh!t like this now, you know they were stealing sticks while they were working.
akumushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #18
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough

300 bucks in change is nothing compared to you life man, It sucks to have someone take advantage of you like that, but there really is nothing you could have done. Just be glad it wasn't a robbery. Glad to hear the fugger will pay though, hopefully he will get a judge that is a hardass
Old 09-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #19
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Hoping for justice, Mark....glad you are unhurt.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:25 PM   #20
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you are ok...that's worth WAY more than $ 300. thanks goodness for the video camera...he'll get his in the end.