Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any idea how much oil we use in a day?

85,440,000 bbls/day worldwide.
That's $7,604,160,000 at $89 a barrel.
I wish I could talk them into raising the price a penny a barrel for a day and kicking it up to old Dad here. I don't think anyone would even mind $89.01/bbl.

I don't suppose everyone pays the same as the US is paying today, but I'd be willing to take the hit even if they adjusted down to 10 bucks a barrel. I just want the penny.

It really makes me wonder where we get almost 8 billion barrels of oil a day, every day, all year round. It boggles my mind even more that there's still some left.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
sevans105
Alpha Zombie Wolf "Sceve"

Trading: (30)
Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Any idea how much oil we use in a day?

100,661,280 bbls/day as of 2010 per CIA https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2174rank.html

So....finishing the math....$8,958,853,920 or with the .01 Shilala surcharge... $8,959,860,533
$1,006,612.8 every day or $367,413,672 annually. And at that rate of income it would take you 160 YEARS to surpass Bill Gates. Assuming you didn't spend anything and he stayed the same.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
It really makes me wonder where we get almost 8 billion barrels of oil a day, every day, all year round. It boggles my mind even more that there's still some left.

This place is far from a destination for anything but oil but you should see the oil terminals in Texas City and Bay Town Texas. Thankers arrive every hour of the day.

Heck the wake of the tankers is big enough that their are people who surf the wake for miles.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans105 View Post
100,661,280 bbls/day as of 2010 per CIA https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2174rank.html

So....finishing the math....$8,958,853,920 or with the .01 Shilala surcharge... $8,959,860,533
$1,006,612.8 every day or $367,413,672 annually. And at that rate of income it would take you 160 YEARS to surpass Bill Gates. Assuming you didn't spend anything and he stayed the same.
Nice, now I'm even richer!!!
Bill can keep the record. I'll have a hard time spending just the million a day, since I decided it best just to make it the Official Shilala Surcharge. It'll take all day every day just to give it away. I'll hire you to give the money away on the days when I'm on vacation. I'll be doing a lot of diving starting the day I get my first check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
This place is far from a destination for anything but oil but you should see the oil terminals in Texas City and Bay Town Texas. Thankers arrive every hour of the day.

Heck the wake of the tankers is big enough that their are people who surf the wake for miles.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

So far I haven't had any luck implementing my surcharge, but I did find 28 cents on my dresser this morning, so I'm well on my way.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
sevans105
Alpha Zombie Wolf "Sceve"

Trading: (30)
Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
So far I haven't had any luck implementing my surcharge, but I did find 28 cents on my dresser this morning, so I'm well on my way.
Sweet! That will get you just over half a cup of gas!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #7
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans105 View Post
Sweet! That will get you just over half a cup of gas!
Ya gotta start somewhere. Look out, Bill Gates!!!
Old 10-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
ghostrider
Ridin the storm

First Name: Drew
Trading: (4)
Bolivar CoastGuard (Active)
ghostrider is on a distinguished road

If you were to find one penny on the street today, and every day you find twice as many as the day before, how long before you have a million dollars?
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #9
colinb913
Workin' at a Cigar Shop

First Name: Colin
Trading: (1)
Partagas
colinb913 is on a distinguished road

28 days. You will have $1,342,177.28 on day 28.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:48 AM   #10
ghostrider
Ridin the storm

First Name: Drew
Trading: (4)
Bolivar CoastGuard (Active)
ghostrider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb913 View Post
28 days. You will have $1,342,177.28 on day 28.
Amazing how fast it adds up isn't it? Just realize you'd have to find over half a million dollars in pennies that last day.
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote