Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 01-24-2010, 10:07 AM   #41
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Star Trek (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmokey View Post
The wife and I went and watched on opening weekend... which says a lot because she is "anti"-Star Trek. Then on top of that I came home Wednesday to find her watching the Blu-Ray I think she's been converted
Nice! My wife loved it too!
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:37 PM   #42
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough

I took the other half, Marie, to see it and she hates SF but said it was "pretty good" which is saying a lot...I loved it...it was adventure on a grand scale, but then I've been hooked on Star Trek (in all it's incarnations) since the first episode aired in September, 1966...so Star Trek has been around for me pretty much my entire adult life...wouldn't miss and episode and wouldn't miss a movie no matter what...
Old 01-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #43
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montano View Post
Wow, this thread has lasted a loooong time ! I guess it's because the movie is out on DVD now. I thought it was a great movie, I never knew Spock and Ohura had a thing though.
I think they were playing on the original series when they seemed to flirt while Spock played the Vulcan lyre and she sang.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmokey View Post
The wife and I went and watched on opening weekend... which says a lot because she is "anti"-Star Trek. Then on top of that I came home Wednesday to find her watching the Blu-Ray I think she's been converted
My wife thought it wasn't bad either, and she hates anything Star Trek or Star Wars.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #44
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montano View Post
Wow, this thread has lasted a loooong time !
Revenge is a dish best served cold.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:33 PM   #45
dubs chops

me and the wife seen this in the theater and man Am I glad we did, I think it needs to be owned on blu-ray too!
Old 08-19-2017, 04:46 PM   #46
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Just read that Adam Nimoy, son of Spock, is newly engaged to the sexiest old man in all of Star Trek history. No, I don't mean Bill Shatner. It is instead Terry Farrell, who played Dax on Deep Space Nine for six seasons.

You Trekkies know her, and know what I mean. You others, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlgjoaU_LM4