Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #11
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: iphone 4 just announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw View Post
If you have the scratch to pay your carrier for tethering then it probably is a better option not to JB. I have a limited budget and I'd rather my money go to the finer things in life (read: cigars).
Unfortunately you're going to pay them one way or another. AT&T is apparently able to determine who's running a hotspot a la MyWi and is in the process of sending those customers with a polite reminder that you have to pay for a tethering plan. I would imagine failure to comply would constitute a violation of your contract and they could terminate your service without warning.

In one of the very very rare "good guy" moves by the Canadian telecom industry it appears that they haven't tried to lock tethering down and don't force you to have a separate tethering data plan. That will probably change but for now it's still open.

I agree with Scott, I don't really care anymore how open a product is or what restrictions are placed on it. If it works for my purposes I'm happy, if it "just works" all the better. I was jailbroken before 4.3 was pushed down and frankly the only app I miss at all is SBSettings. Now that I can tether without jailbreaking I really don't care about jailbreaks at all anymore.
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote