Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of
Default Who would you like to thank?

Several things have happened in my life recently that have been a real encouragement and blessing. I wanted to take the opportunity to offer my thanks publicly and I thought some of my BOTL/SOTL might like the chance to share their similar feelings in one place...

Might prove to be a place you visit regularly for a little morale boost!

No rules really... just feel free to offer some genuine praise for the good things in your life. They don't have to be cigar related, nor do they have to be about this board per se... but that certainly would be fine.

Here goes - I would like to thank:

1. Several friends who supported me recently.
The past year has been plagued by a small group of people who have made my work particularly difficult, culminating in a meeting that could have resulted in my dismissal. When the moment came, I was the recipient of overwhelming support by a large group, vindicating me entirely.

2. The Team of 11
They have provided a true safe haven for all of us... and it has been especially beneficial for me.

3. Triple F, Mugen910 and Bobarian
These guys are what words like "community" and "brotherhood" are all about!

4. Almighty God
His watchcare, protection, and constant provision for me and my family have been nothing short of amazing.

What are you thankful for?
Old 01-27-2009, 12:35 AM   #2
Ace$nyper

Default Re: Who would you like to thank?

This is a very positive thread Joe, I love it! After a rough monday, where I'll be doing yet again another all nighter for school I need a few mins to remember how good I have it.

This is a partial list in no order.
Family - For the support love and help I've got for all the years I've had. I've been too hard on them and myself lately, No one is perfect but they try/tried their best.

New Friends - You guys are a welcome change, I hope we can become closer and stay in touch once we split ways this summer. I've had so much fun, ... one of you might be a lot more to me let's hope you can be more then a study buddy, but if not you'll always be great eye candy and a wonderful friend.

Old Friends - Thick and thin ups and downs, always been there and always will be, I hope to expand on the great times we've always had.

CA members - This is the first site i've been on (and i love killing time on forums) that's based on a positive mind set, and sharing/caring member base. It's nice to see a place where everyone gets along and is here to share with learning about cigars.

My professors - at times I want to pull my hair out with the work loads and stress, but you had enough faith in me to make me at this level and work in the field I do. I keep learning and bettering myself.

My clients - you trust me, you see just a kid, and give him the benefit of the doubt. You pass your stories off to others who come to me and put bread on my table. You brightened my holidays with wishes and gifts.

Loki - You always make me smile you nut job cat you.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:52 AM   #3
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

Everyone who made the decision to join us here in this little corner of the web we call home.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:56 AM   #4
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
Everyone who made the decision to join us here in this little corner of the web we call home.

To that, I would like to add 10 of my closest friends and countless others here that have truly enriched my life.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:16 AM   #5
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

I would like to thank everyone here and in my real life who have helped my wife and me get through a real rough year. Can't thank you all enough.
taltos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #6
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
Exactly....y'all make this place what it is.....best forum of any kind on the 'net, as far as I am concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post

To that, I would like to add 10 of my closest friends and countless others here that have truly enriched my life.
Hear, Hear!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #7
piperman

I would like to thank my wife for putting up with all my crap, and supporting me in all my hobbies like this one.

I would like to say Thanks for the team of 11 for creating a place like this.

I would like to see the other place straighten up, we do have friends stuck over there, (well maybe not stuck).

And wish my signature would come true.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #8
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

I would like to thank everyone in this community that I've interacted with...You guys make this place so much fun. Even though we call this place the Nut House and we are inmates, I prefer to think of it as a place we go to for refuge from our daily lives. I feel that is why we herf in the fashion that we do. It's like being on Cigar Asylum but with actual bodies and cigars.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #9
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Thanks Joe, sometimes all of our lives move a little too fast and we dont take the time to share our feelings with others.

I would like to thank:
1) The 11 for giving us all a place of refuge and relaxation.
2) All of my BABOTL herfing buds, without you this past year would have been very empty.
3) All of my CS and CA friends who inspire me daily to share the PIF lifestyle.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:04 AM   #10
croatan
Missing Peter

First Name: James
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
croatan has disabled reputation

I'd like to thank Dave, Dave, Dustin, Frank, Gerry, Julian, Kelly, Mo, Peter, Tom, and the other 1567 people who make this place what it is.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #11
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

First Name: Scott
Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

It's so difficult to reply, there are so many people on this site who have opted to be a friend of mine it's actually overwhelming. I never, ever, in a million years woulda thought I'd acquire soooooo many close friends I've never met.

And yes, Joe, I thank God as you do, for if it weren't for him and the love he extended who knows where I'd be.

But right now, Joe, I thank YOU for making this post and mentioning me in it. I am truly, truly humbled.

Toast to Joe!~
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:21 PM   #12
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

Irony is a female dog: Jon Caputo

He made this place necessary and I like it here.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #13
mmblz

Trading: (3)
Partagas
mmblz has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
Irony is a female dog: Jon Caputo

He made this place necessary and I like it here.

... just was I was thinking...

impetus
Old 01-27-2009, 02:30 PM   #14
KidRock
Moped Herf Crew

First Name: Jon
Trading: (17)
Trinidad
KidRock has disabled reputation

Like many, My life also is going at the rate of a million miles an hour, which is actually for the better this time. I would like to thank the following people....

1) Team 11- You know why
2) Steve (Wife, Chris) and Andrew Errickson: For there love and support in making the last two semsters of school a positive experience.
3) Rest of the Michigan Crew- You know who you are.....
4) My parents for putting up with my ****
5) SOBS/Team Canada
6) Adam- Getting a Cinci/NKY Herf together that you should be at 1/31
Old 01-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #15
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatan View Post
I'd like to thank Dave, Dave, Dustin, Frank, Gerry, Julian, Kelly, Mo, Peter, Tom, and the other 1567 people who make this place what it is.
I totally agree... thank you, inmates!
Old 01-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #16
ChicagoWhiteSox

God comes first. Then I would like to sincerly thank the team of 11 for everything they have done. I think it was Tom who sent me a PM over at CS about moving here, so thank you Tom for that. It might have been Scott, either way thanks guys. And thanks to every other member here for making CA a great place to relax, talk about cigars, and share a passion for cigars.

Last edited by ChicagoWhiteSox; 01-27-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #17
tobii3

I'd like to thank the people who designed the spacious backseat of that 1964 Plymouth Valiant.....and the Makers of Budweiser Beer......without those two, my parents would never have stopped that night after my Mom's Birthday back in August of 1970......and...well....you know what happened 9 months later......
Old 01-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #18
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post
I'd like to thank the people who designed the spacious backseat of that 1964 Plymouth Valiant.....and the Makers of Budweiser Beer......without those two, my parents would never have stopped that night after my Mom's Birthday back in August of 1970......and...well....you know what happened 9 months later......
Old 01-27-2009, 05:49 PM   #19
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

So many people to thank but wanted to say a specific thanks to Peter and Tom for helping me out when I needed it

And another thanks to the San Diego/SoCal guys for making my trip a month or two ago possible. You guys are the bees knees
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:49 PM   #20
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about

Mrs. White my 3rd grade teacher for teaching me to play Chess.

Mrs. Robinson my 8th grade math teacher for being the hottest looking math teacher ever.

My parents for hiring Mrs. Robinson to tutor me in math over the summer.

Robert Levin for creating Ashton cigars - my first love in cigars.

Jackie Winkler for well . . .

Tom Burnowski for being late to leave to go to the NCO club - otherwise would not have met my wife.

My wife, who without I would probably be living with a shopping cart under a bridge somewhere.

Bob Alexander for talking me into bowling again.

And gratitude for the Team of 11 for the new home -

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote