Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
scotch&stogies

Default Graycliff Edicion Limitada

Has anyone tried to Graycliff Edicion Limitada? I found a good deal on these and was wondering if they are any good.

I did some research into the Gracliff manufacturer and am interested in their smokes. The only problem is I've never had any cigar made by them so I'm a little hesitant on dropping $$ on a box.

If anyone has any feedback, I'd appreciate hearing it.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
dannysguitar
Feeling at Home

First Name: Danny
Trading: (36)
Montecristo
dannysguitar will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Graycliff Edicion Limitada

These I believe are made by Oliva under contract by CI. I have had the Crystal and enjoyed it, but not a true Graycliff made in the Bahamas. Hope this helps.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
mariogolbee

I had the Crystal recently and it was utterly fantastic. The Professional is great. The Double Espresso is a favorite of mine, especially when fresh. The 1666 Pirate's are pretty darned good with some age and a cup of Earl Grey Creme or Lady Grey. I was gifted one last year that I believe was fron IPPCR (or whatever) that had a Maroon band, was extremely fresh, and was outstanding!

I don't think too highly of the Turbo or G2Turbo anymore. I tried them several times and I've decided against them now.

Sorry fro the bad punctuation. This is all my opinion, but I really like some of the stuff they make.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
I had the Crystal recently and it was utterly fantastic. The Professional is great. The Double Espresso is a favorite of mine, especially when fresh. The 1666 Pirate's are pretty darned good with some age and a cup of Earl Grey Creme or Lady Grey. I was gifted one last year that I believe was fron IPPCR (or whatever) that had a Maroon band, was extremely fresh, and was outstanding!

I don't think too highly of the Turbo or G2Turbo anymore. I tried them several times and I've decided against them now.
I have to go with Mario on every description!, including the G2 not being that impressive. The Blue, Red and White Labels are all good smokers that I've completely enjoyed. The Expresso was tops!!! But haven't had an Expresso in several years. If you check on CigarBid, and keep an eye out, you may can score a fiver of one or more of the brands for a very reasonable price. For some reason, the crystals (white label) always seemed to sell higher then the red (original series) or blue (professional series) labels.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
scotch&stogies

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
I have to go with Mario on every description!, including the G2 not being that impressive. The Blue, Red and White Labels are all good smokers that I've completely enjoyed. The Expresso was tops!!! But haven't had an Expresso in several years. If you check on CigarBid, and keep an eye out, you may can score a fiver of one or more of the brands for a very reasonable price. For some reason, the crystals (white label) always seemed to sell higher then the red (original series) or blue (professional series) labels.
CBid's where I got my mazzo of DE's last time. Otherwise I've seen them fetch up to $30 each in B&M's. I've seen the Crstal in a B&M for $25+ and even online they are still pricey. I think it's one of their higher dollar smoke.

I'm glad we share some similar tastes, Cliff. Especially for lemonade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotch&stogies View Post
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.
You are most welcome. If you can get a good price on the ones you speak of, I'd say pull the trigger. I now I've wanted to try those but don't have the cash flow anymore to be buying very many cigars at all.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #7
scotch&stogies

[QUOTE
You are most welcome. If you can get a good price on the ones you speak of, I'd say pull the trigger. I now I've wanted to try those but don't have the cash flow anymore to be buying very many cigars at all.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm just beginning to build my collection and I want to make sure that I make informed decisions. Unfortunately I am unable to find these at my local B&M.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #8
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotch&stogies View Post
[QUOTE
You are most welcome. If you can get a good price on the ones you speak of, I'd say pull the trigger. I now I've wanted to try those but don't have the cash flow anymore to be buying very many cigars at all.

Yeah, I'm just beginning to build my collection and I want to make sure that I make informed decisions. Unfortunately I am unable to find these at my local B&M.
You won't find the Edicion Limitada at B&Ms as they are made only for CI/Cigar.com/CBid, just like the G2 and the 1666. I have never had them so I can't comment on where or not they are good. The regular Greycliffs from the Bahamas are fantastic.
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #9
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I have had many of the Graycliff lines, but really only enjoyed the Espresso and Grand Cru....the others were just way too mild for my tastes, some were "Macanudo" mild. But if you like mild smokes, it could be a good thing.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #10
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

I've had the Professionale, the 1666 and the Grand Cru. Except for the first PG Professionale I had, I haven't enjoyed any of the Graycliffs. Let us know how they are.