Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Don Duarte Reserva shorty

The Placensia made Don Duarte cigars are new to the Dutch market, I smoked all three available blends so far, including the Don Duarte reserva series robusto. Now I smoked the Don Duarte reserva shorty, a 4½x46 petit corona. This cigar has a price tag of € 5,90.

The wrapper is nice, dark and oily with a beautiful crest on the band. The cigar has a strong barnyard smell and a great construction, The predraw is fine, I taste tobacco with some pepper.

I taste toast, pepper and some coffee with a mild sweetness, something like French toast. I never tasted this before in a cigar and I like it. The flavors soon change to flavors I recognize as earth, coffee and something I can't recognize but I like it anyway. After an inch I taste soft wood with nutmeg.

After a third the cigar gets a bit spicy in the aftertaste with some green pepper. Halfway I taste creamy chocolate with nutmeg and a peppery aftertaste. Near the end I taste more pepper.

This cigar lasted me for forty-five minutes. The draw is great and I got a lot of smoke. The pepper and salt colored ash is compact and firm. The burn is great. This cigar is full flavored and medium to full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I like all Don Duarte cigars.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
Old 03-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
HollywoodQue
Invictus

First Name: Howard
Trading: (46)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
HollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really nice
Default Re: Don Duarte Reserva shorty

Sounds like this one is worth trying, thanks
HollywoodQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Don Duarte Reserva shorty

Mmmmm looks good, thanks for the review, I like that band