Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2017, 09:09 AM   #1
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default PooPail Question

Thinking about signing up. <I know. I live in the Stone Age>

What do you guys and gals use? A bank account? A credit card? Both?

I'd prefer to use a bank account but am reluctant to provide my online banking credentials which would allow them access to all of my accounts.

For those that use credit cards, how does it work with the rewards programs? If I get 2% back on everything, will I get that 2% back on PP payments?

Feedback is welcome and appreciated.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:14 AM   #2
av8tor152d
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jason
Trading: (21)
RA Army (Disabled Vet)
av8tor152d will become famous soon enoughav8tor152d will become famous soon enough
Default Re: PooPail Question

I use a debit card connected to my bank account, have been using it for years (close to 10) that way and never had any issues what so ever with actual company and have been helped when seller faulted on deal and they refunded purchase amount to me within 24 hours of contact.

I may be wrong but I believe the way it is set up now is that it may have to be a card connected to an account, so unsure on rewards for Credit cards. But my debit card is a cash back type and I do get the kickbacks on it.

If you have a smart phone the app will give you notifications of purchases made on the account which are customizable for amounts ect.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:15 AM   #3
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

I have mine tied to my bank account. I don't pay fees because of this. A charge to a credit card is a charge, so you should get points.
markem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:26 AM   #4
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

I use a bank account.
I'm fairly certain that you don't provide them with your online banking credentials and access to all of your accounts, just the routing and account numbers for whichever account you plan to use.
They have access to my checking account, but not my savings.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:28 AM   #5
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
I have mine tied to my bank account. I don't pay fees because of this. A charge to a credit card is a charge, so you should get points.
I have a checking account and two savings accounts tied to my online banking. I was thinking of using one of the savings accounts for PP but by providing my credentials, PP would have access to all three. They claim they don't retain that info and only use it to set up the account.

Am I being overly cautious about this?
Old 05-03-2017, 10:03 AM   #6
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I have them linked like Dom. I probably use PP 8-10 times a month, and have never ha an issue.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:08 AM   #7
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
I use a bank account.
I'm fairly certain that you don't provide them with your online banking credentials and access to all of your accounts, just the routing and account numbers for whichever account you plan to use.
I haven't signed up yet. But their video showing how to add a bank account involves selecting the bank and then the online credentials to access the account.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:08 AM   #8
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Quote:
I use a bank account.
This was my experience as well.

I have my checking account linked as my primary funding source. PP doesn't have access to the other accounts (savings, money market, etc) attached to my checking.

In addition, I have a credit card as a back-up funding source.

You don't want to use a credit card as your primary source if you can avoid it as there are fees involved with every purchase transaction. Funding via a bank account, you can bypass those fees.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:10 AM   #9
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
I haven't signed up yet. But their video showing how to add a bank account involves selecting the bank and then the online credentials to access the account.
Never had a problem, it's like linking any other financial accounts and it's nice to be able to have money that is in pay pal sent directly to your bank, so the linking does pay off because not having to pay transaction fees.

AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:11 AM   #10
massphatness

ERdM

see this website (change the spelling of POOPAIL)

www. POOPAIL .com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-link-a-bank-account-to-my-POOPAIL-account-faq686

It looks like providing credentials is optional if you want to express the process, but you don't have to do it
Old 05-03-2017, 10:11 AM   #11
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
I use a bank account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post

I have my checking account linked as my primary funding source. PP doesn't have access to the other accounts (savings, money market, etc) attached to my checking.

In addition, I have a credit card as a back-up funding source.

You don't want to use a credit card as your primary source if you can avoid it as there are fees involved with every purchase transaction. Funding via a bank account, you can bypass those fees.
If it's just the routing number and account number, I'm fine with that.
What I'm leery of is providing my login credentials which allows access to all of my accounts.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #12
massphatness

ERdM

See above - we was typing at the same time
Old 05-03-2017, 10:14 AM   #13
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
If it's just the routing number and account number, I'm fine with that.
What I'm leery of is providing my login credentials which allows access to all of my accounts.
I did not provide anything but the routing and acct numbers....unless things have changed since I signed up, like Vin said, you shouldn't have to.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:33 AM   #14
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I did not provide anything but the routing and acct numbers....unless things have changed since I signed up, like Vin said, you shouldn't have to.
+1. I signed up a long time ago and I just did the routing and account info.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:37 AM   #15
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Thanks for all the feedback. Routing number for my checking account is easy. But I want to use a savings account. I think I need to contact my bank for the routing number tied to my savings account.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:45 AM   #16
av8tor152d
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jason
Trading: (21)
RA Army (Disabled Vet)
av8tor152d will become famous soon enoughav8tor152d will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback. Routing number for my checking account is easy. But I want to use a savings account. I think I need to contact my bank for the routing number tied to my savings account.
Some savings accounts don't allow ACH withdrawals such as the type by heygal I know mine didn't so that's why I linked it to checking via my debit card.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:01 AM   #17
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8tor152d View Post
Some savings accounts don't allow ACH withdrawals such as the type by heygal I know mine didn't so that's why I linked it to checking via my debit card.
I'm guessing that may be the case for me.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:15 PM   #18
heyferg
Feeling at Home

First Name: Larry aka Hollywood
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
heyferg will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post

I have my checking account linked as my primary funding source. PP doesn't have access to the other accounts (savings, money market, etc) attached to my checking. In addition, I have a credit card as a back-up funding source.

Same for me. I have my checking account linked to avoid fees with a credit card for backup if I need it.

The only problem I have had is my account was put on hold because PP thought I had too many Friends and Family transactions. Apparently they didn't realize most of my friends and family live in Europe!
heyferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:35 PM   #19
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

I have had a poopail account for over 10 years with my checking account tied to it and never had ANY problems at all. I just provided the routing and account number. when you check out at a site that you are using poopail as payment it pops up a secure poopail window that you sign into and complete the transaction then it returns you to the original page where the payment shows usually.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:56 PM   #20
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

Trading: (31)
VR
tsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura about

On the news last night suggested that you use a credit card for PooPail, not your bank account. This was based on the fact that if you get hacked, they can clean out your bank account and not have any way to contest it or get your money back. They strongly advised you to use a credit card.

1. Do not link your ****** to a bank account or debit card. A scammer could really take you for a ride if they can access to your account. This lets scammers drain or even overdraft your bank account.

2. Do link your ****** to a credit card. This offers you an extra layer of fraud protection. Experts say this lets you dispute a fraud charge on two fronts. Experts say that way you're more likely to get your money back.

3. Never click on links in e-mails from ******. They might not really be from ******. Scammers can lead you to a dummy site where. When you put in your information, scammers steal it. This is called spoofing and it’s common. ****** has 200 million users worldwide giving scammers many targets.

I tried to post the link, put had to switch it to Poopail in order to post it. You can click on the link and correct it to get to the article.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/new-...ount/436214221
tsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote