Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #21
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Re: Odd/Rare Opus X cigars

Some of them are just so pretty that I would almost feel guilty smoking them if given the opportunity.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #22
ZachF88
Feeling at Home

First Name: Zach
Trading: (32)
ZachF88 is on a distinguished road

I want one of those footballs! Or any of them! Anyone know if any are available for purchase?
ZachF88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #23
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachF88 View Post
I want one of those footballs! Or any of them! Anyone know if any are available for purchase?
Not gonna happen...

And even if you could buy one (see above), the price would be astronomical (think in the thousands)...

~brooks
Brooks W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #24
Razorhog
Feeling at Home

First Name: Beau
Trading: (4)
Razorhog is on a distinguished road

If those cigars are really worth thousands each, you'd think they would take care of them. They look horrible - all dusty and just strewn about. Maybe that keeps the workers from stealing them...
Razorhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #25
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorhog View Post
If those cigars are really worth thousands each, you'd think they would take care of them. They look horrible - all dusty and just strewn about. Maybe that keeps the workers from stealing them...
Only the footballs were ever 'available' (term used loosely) for the auction for charity. All the rest are trials and oddities that would never be available for purchase to anyone. My guess is they had to roll more than just the footballs that were included in the package that was sold and thus leaving those to sit.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #26
Razorhog
Feeling at Home

First Name: Beau
Trading: (4)
Razorhog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Only the footballs were ever 'available' (term used loosely) for the auction for charity. All the rest are trials and oddities that would never be available for purchase to anyone. My guess is they had to roll more than just the footballs that were included in the package that was sold and thus leaving those to sit.
Makes sense. Would be really cool to have one of the footballs. I don't know about smoking a 160 RG cigar would go though... probably make you feel like you got hit by a linebacker!
Razorhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:33 AM   #27
ranchand28
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Alan
Trading: (0)
Army (Served With Honor)
ranchand28 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure why, but years ago I went to the D.R. to work on a project and made friends with a man that is knew more family then my real family. We were always smoking cigars and I was offered a tour of the factory but never could go due to time frame of the job, regardless that is not why I wanted to post. I was given one of these football never realizing it was anything special. I have keep it in my humidor every since, with its size I just didn't feel like smoking it. The only thing they told me was it was made from tobacco from 1984. I watched football on TV all the time during my stay so maybe they just thought to give me this cigar as a kindness. Today, reading this, I am shocked to learn what I have.
ranchand28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:47 AM   #28
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchand28 View Post
I'm not sure why, but years ago I went to the D.R. to work on a project and made friends with a man that is knew more family then my real family. We were always smoking cigars and I was offered a tour of the factory but never could go due to time frame of the job, regardless that is not why I wanted to post. I was given one of these football never realizing it was anything special. I have keep it in my humidor every since, with its size I just didn't feel like smoking it. The only thing they told me was it was made from tobacco from 1984. I watched football on TV all the time during my stay so maybe they just thought to give me this cigar as a kindness. Today, reading this, I am shocked to learn what I have.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:04 AM   #29
benedic08
Bob's great grandson

First Name: Benedic
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
benedic08 has a spectacular aura aboutbenedic08 has a spectacular aura about

Wow these Cigars look soo goood..... It would be amazing even just to see these in person... Very Nice...
benedic08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:49 AM   #30
DougBushBC

Quote:
Heck of a first post my friend! Why don't you hop over to the introduction forum and say hello and maybe get involved in the Newbie Sampler Trade. Either way, Welcome!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #31
sjnovakovich
Stinky Old Stogie

Trading: (2)
sjnovakovich is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wow! Where do you live? I'll drive over in my 1939 burgundy and silver 4 door Ford convertible to have a look and share a few sticks. Along with the sticks we can have a shot or two of my Delamain Le Voyage Cognac.
sjnovakovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #32
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't the Fuente family fund a school of some sort in Dominican? I think I remember reading something at Tampa Sweethearts about charity events where they let go some special cigars to raise money?
Old 06-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #33
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Love to get my hands on ANY Opus X maduro!!
Old 06-21-2010, 06:25 AM   #34
DougBushBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Doesn't the Fuente family fund a school of some sort in Dominican? I think I remember reading something at Tampa Sweethearts about charity events where they let go some special cigars to raise money?
Yes, they fund it through the Cigar Family Charity Fund.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:01 AM   #35
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougBushBC View Post
Yes, they fund it through the Cigar Family Charity Fund.
Thanks Doug.
I feel better knowing I'm not crazy.
I used to get emails from Tampa Sweethearts, and they'd speak about the particular fundraisers. I'm pretty sure that they work some special cigars into little auctions at those events. I remember seeing a followup after an event that highlighted what they had raised, and a particular gentleman in the cigar industry had bid big money on a signed box of something.
I might be mashing a couple things together, but I don't read a lot of things cigar related anymore that don't come through here or my email.
That was awhile back, too. That compounds the problem.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:30 PM   #36
gravelman

I was doing some googling on different sticks, and this came up on the images tab...glad I accidentally stumbled to these pics. Amazing works of craftsmanship.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #37
thecatch83

Can't really put a price tag on that collection! Amazing really!
Old 02-19-2015, 02:18 PM   #38
ranchand28
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Alan
Trading: (0)
Army (Served With Honor)
ranchand28 is on a distinguished road

To answer chippewastud79, I have put the one photo I have on my profile album since I don't know how to post the picture on this thread.
ranchand28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:57 PM   #39
sigsauer
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tom
Trading: (63)
Partagas
sigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura about

I'd like to smoke a opus x stickball bat someday!
sigsauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:10 PM   #40
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
To answer chippewastud79, I have put the one photo I have on my profile album since I don't know how to post the picture on this thread.

That is awesome.
Thanks, Alan!!!