Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 07-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #1081
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Yeah most of those are later this year right?

I really hope Diablo 3 isn't pay to play.
Yeah - pretty much all of those should be out late Q4 of this year or early Q1 of next.

Also - did anyone watch the SHOUTcraft Invivational 2 this weekend? I can't BELIEVE the outcome (I won't say it in case any of you are going to watch the videos on YouTube and don't want it spoiled).
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #1082
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

First Name: Michael
Trading: (0)
madwilliamflint is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Games thread!

Arkham Asylum GOTY edition 75% off at steam right now.
madwilliamflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #1083
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco View Post
Driver: San Francisco
This one is coming to PC. Do not buy it on the PC. For reasons listed in this article.

Essentially - if you want to play Driver: San Francisco on PC you have to have a constant internet connection. This is for your computer to have constant communication with their 3rd party DRM server. (Been done before and REALLY annoying. If your internet connection blips off for a second you're out of the game and have to restart. Here's to hoping their autosave feature is good)

In addition - Ubisoft is really going to start laying into the Uplay system...it will cost about $10 to get access to multiplayer on consoles. This is to make sure that they will get a cut of all used game sales. Oh wait - I mean to help them cover server costs. Yeah - that was the official statement I mean.

I really don't like some of the things that have been happening in the gaming industry lately. My fear is that crap like this becomes standard.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #1084
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00gAbgBu8R4

A video regarding a company that claims to be able to get rid of Polygons all together. Doing this would make graphics real. Really - you wouldn't be able to tell a difference any longer.

I'm not convinced that it is truly a viable option without forcing everyone in the world to massively update their computer...but it is still amazing to see.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #1085
Kneo
The Second One

First Name: Anthony
Trading: (3)
Kneo will become famous soon enough

Preordered Uncharted 3 today

That makes Batman Arkyam Asylum
Star wars the old republic
Gears of war 3

Lots of great games coming soon

Trying to decide on Restiance 3
Old 08-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #1086
Kneo
The Second One

First Name: Anthony
Trading: (3)
Kneo will become famous soon enough

Almost forgot. Assassin creed 3
Old 08-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #1087
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00gAbgBu8R4

A video regarding a company that claims to be able to get rid of Polygons all together. Doing this would make graphics real. Really - you wouldn't be able to tell a difference any longer.

I'm not convinced that it is truly a viable option without forcing everyone in the world to massively update their computer...but it is still amazing to see.
Yeah I remember this last year.

I call Shennanigans. I see lots of fly throughs but no animation.

Nothing moves. I don't buy it.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #1088
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Anyone played Epic Mickey? Really getting into this game despite the crappy camera.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:49 AM   #1089
Angry_Pirate
Traveler

First Name: J.T.
Trading: (40)
Cohiba
Angry_Pirate is on a distinguished road

Just built a new gaming computer so I had to play Crysis 2,Modern warfare 2, and Black ops all over again . I cant wait for Battlefield 3 and the next Modern Warfare to come out
Angry_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:16 AM   #1090
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Pirate View Post
Just built a new gaming computer so I had to play Crysis 2,Modern warfare 2, and Black ops all over again . I cant wait for Battlefield 3 and the next Modern Warfare to come out

Specs? I have been considering building a new computer...but really I'd only need a new mobo, case, and more ram. I'm just getting tired of my case and my mobo is my weak point
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-07-2011, 06:55 AM   #1091
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Playing some Mass Effect 1, I never played it before just ME2. I cannot wait till ME3 comes out. I'm calling it already ....Game of the Year.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #1092
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Nice! I replayed it recently since I realized that actions really do affect some plot points in ME2. I'm interested to see how much stuff from ME1 makes it through to ME3.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #1093
Obscura
and stuff. . .

First Name: Nick
Army
Obscura is on a distinguished road

Fallout New Vegas, but just started the Honest Hearts expansion.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #1094
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

First Name: Adam
Trading: (15)
WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about

Just a quick factoid on Diablo 3. I is going to be online play only, must have an internet connection. Also the Auction House (AH) will take in game currency as well as real money.

Game is ruined IMO
WittyUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #1095
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyUserName View Post
Just a quick factoid on Diablo 3. It is going to be online play only, must have an internet connection. Also the Auction House (AH) will take in game currency as well as real money.

Game is ruined IMO
I've heard a lot of people say they thought the game was ruined...but I don' think so at all.

The fact that it is online only is lame, I'll admit (even though I only ever played D1 and D2+Expansion online). But most people seem to take offense at the idea of real currency being used to buy items.

Keep in mind that those items are only for sale from other players and still have limits on them as far as level goes (iirc). The absolute end-game items probably won't be available for a while anyway because they are a player-to-player transaction and not player-to-blizzard. And lets be honest - purchasing virtual goods for cash in WoW, D2LoD, EQ, any online game has been around for a while. What they are doing is legalizing the act, protecting the consumer, and taking some off the top for themselves.

I can see where the fears are coming into play...but I can't see it really being a game killer. Is it a game changer? Of course - any new mechanic is. But I doubt that it is going to be as utilized as people fear it will be.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #1096
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

First Name: Adam
Trading: (15)
WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about

I am really just pissed that it is going to be online to play. I am currently "deployed" to a naval station and the internet here is horrible. The last time I ran a speed check at my hooch I came up with .09mbs. The only thing it is good for is browsing the interwebz and buying cigars online.
WittyUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #1097
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Quote:
I've heard a lot of people say they thought the game was ruined...but I don' think so at all.

The fact that it is online only is lame, I'll admit (even though I only ever played D1 and D2+Expansion online). But most people seem to take offense at the idea of real currency being used to buy items.

Keep in mind that those items are only for sale from other players and still have limits on them as far as level goes (iirc). The absolute end-game items probably won't be available for a while anyway because they are a player-to-player transaction and not player-to-blizzard. And lets be honest - purchasing virtual goods for cash in WoW, D2LoD, EQ, any online game has been around for a while. What they are doing is legalizing the act, protecting the consumer, and taking some off the top for themselves.

I can see where the fears are coming into play...but I can't see it really being a game killer. Is it a game changer? Of course - any new mechanic is. But I doubt that it is going to be as utilized as people fear it will be.
Posted via Mobile Device
Interesting stuff. I think that from the perspective of being something new, I'm sorta honor bound to try it. Looks like it could be interesting.

Besides if I buy any more cigars I'm going to need a third coolidor so I've got to chill for a while on that.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #1098
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
Fallout New Vegas, but just started the Honest Hearts expansion.
The Fallout/Elder Scrolls stuff all just ground to a halt for me. They just take too damn long. I recently hit the Oblivion/Morrowind GOTY for $15 on Steam, booted up morrowind (and remembered why it was so much better than oblivion) and got sick of it after an hour. Same thing with New Vegas.

I used to be such a proud RPG monkey.

I'll end up getting Skyrim out of habit "just to see" I guess. But I'm not as excited as I should be for a $60 game.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:51 AM   #1099
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyUserName View Post
Just a quick factoid on Diablo 3. I is going to be online play only, must have an internet connection. Also the Auction House (AH) will take in game currency as well as real money.

Game is ruined IMO
You've gotta be kidding me?

Real money and Online only.......

I won't play it.

I was counting on Mass Effect 3 to be the game of the year anyways.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:05 AM   #1100
Obscura
and stuff. . .

First Name: Nick
Army
Obscura is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint View Post
The Fallout/Elder Scrolls stuff all just ground to a halt for me. They just take too damn long. I recently hit the Oblivion/Morrowind GOTY for $15 on Steam, booted up morrowind (and remembered why it was so much better than oblivion) and got sick of it after an hour. Same thing with New Vegas.

I used to be such a proud RPG monkey.

I'll end up getting Skyrim out of habit "just to see" I guess. But I'm not as excited as I should be for a $60 game.
I hear you, but I'm a persistent little bastard. Plus, with all the side storylines and the fact that I just sometimes boot up the game to go on killing sprees. It amuses me to know end and sometimes, I even actually start to do the main storyline to progress my character.

Oblivion/Morrowind is an excellent game, but damn, that thing takes forever and a day. I seriously almost rage quit after it took me an hour to get somewhere, to only get jumped/killed and having to repeat it all over again. Granted, I could have skipped that by saving along the way, but sometimes I really push my luck.

I'm looking forward to Skyrim, once again, that's just habit kicking in. Hopefully I'll be able to keep interested in it, but at the exact same time. I'm not sure if I can invest five or so hours every time I play it. Cause those types of game need a lot of time to do anything in one sitting.