Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 07-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #2401
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Red's Fans Check in

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
True, but that is ok. There are plenty of games that we have lost because of our stupidity. It all balances out in the end.
Not really, the Reds have been fortunate to win extra games this season already. Its a carry over from last season, they shouldn't even be in a lot of games they pulled out of their ass. Dusty or someone must be praying to God now-a-days because winning games when they look like trash is a good sign but doesn't bode well down the stretch/possible playoffs.

Stubbs started and they won. Firmly in 4th place, no danger of falling into 5th anytime soon
Old 07-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #2402
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
It depends on who is pulling the strings in the organization. There is definitely something that compels Dusty to put Stubbs in the leadoff spot the day after Heisey puts two in the seats and plays better defense than Stubbs ever does. I don't know that Dusty even runs the show anymore.
This is sarcasm, right? With the exception of putting Gomes in the lineup for his bobblehead day and being forced to play Cozart over Renteria, we still see the same old Dusty lineups day in and day out, the same old lefty vs righty battles that don't work, poor choices in the pen, and just blatant mismanagement late in games.

I really want to like they guy, b/c he's a great personality in the clubhouse, but these mistakes have just been boneheaded. Sticking with guys way too long b/c he's a players' manager is another thing that irks me. Mismanagement, plus the baserunning errors by the new guys and Stubbs, and the problem this team has hitting with .risp is what is killing us right now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not placing total blame on Dusty. He does a lot of things right, but his lineups suck and his hunches never play out. I'm getting fed up.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #2403
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

And another thing - Rolen needs to go. His shoulder is killing us right now. Let Cairo get some games in at third.

You'd think I'd be more positive right now after the Reds won another series against the Cards, but we just looked bad in all three games.

Insert quote here.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:13 PM   #2404
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post

Don't get me wrong, I'm not placing total blame on Dusty. He does a lot of things right, but his lineups suck and his hunches never play out. I'm getting fed up.
I am just implying that someone above Dusty may be forcing him to play certain players because of money owed/investment/draft pick/complete trashiness. Does he really want to play Renteria? Stubbs? Bailey? I'm not sure anyone does.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #2405
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
I am just implying that someone above Dusty may be forcing him to play certain players because of money owed/investment/draft pick/complete trashiness. Does he really want to play Renteria? Stubbs? Bailey? I'm not sure anyone does.
I think the exact opposite. I think they're forcing him to play Cozart and Heisey and he wants to insert all of these jokes instead b/c he's a players' manager and wants to see them succeed. He's too kindhearted to tell them that they suck, so he gives them a chance to go out and try to keep their careers alive.

Not trying to start an argument here. Just some good old baseball discussion.

Another loss for the Redlegs. Last 2 game win streak was June 15. I'm starting to think it's officially over for us.

Insert quote here.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #2406
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

12 days to the deadline, are the Reds going to be movers? If they stay with the team they have they are likely going to finish no better than third in this division (assuming the Pirates don't get better). I think the only team they can match up decent with is the Pirates, but all the rest of those series are in Pittsburgh. The Cards and Brewers are clearly better teams right now, even if they have the winning record against the Cards.

The best offense in baseball (Or atleast the Reds broadcast team would lead you to believe)??? Why does Sean Casey seem to be the only announcer that realizes this team is not as great as the rest of the team make them out to be?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #2407
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

The best offensive team in baseball is a misleading stat, but the announcers (other than Marty) see it as we are on top. We can't score for three games, then on the fourth game we score 7-10 runs. Those few games inflate that stat and make us look a lot better than what they are.
Right now the biggest thing I'm worried about is hitting with risp. I wonder how many baserunners we've left on base this year. I'm willing to bet we lead in that category as well.

Insert quote here.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:24 PM   #2408
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
I think the exact opposite. I think they're forcing him to play Cozart and Heisey and he wants to insert all of these jokes instead b/c he's a players' manager and wants to see them succeed. He's too kindhearted to tell them that they suck, so he gives them a chance to go out and try to keep their careers alive.

Not trying to start an argument here. Just some good old baseball discussion.

Another loss for the Redlegs. Last 2 game win streak was June 15. I'm starting to think it's officially over for us.
Are you implying that Dusty is the Mike Brown of the Reds, allowing players to try to resurrect their careers in Cincinnati?

The problem is it seems like they (Dusty or someone higher up) are forcing young players down our throats that aren't good because they have no other options (Stubbs, Bruce when he is slumping, Bailey, Chapman, Volquez) and they are 'homegrown' because they don't want to be wrong. Where they have high priced older players, they are forced to play them because they 'owe' them (Rolen, Gomes, Renteria, Arroyo).

They need to be making moves at the deadline. I like Cozart, but their outfield talent is so sub par that they could change 2 of 3 of them for a huge upgrade. We'll see if they do anything.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #2409
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

As long as they don't get rid of Bruce, Phillips, and Cueto, I don't care who we trade right now. Votto's gonna be gone after 2013 (I'm pretty sure), Stubbs sucks, Heisey and Cozart are too new to judge yet (so I could care less), Rolen's through, Gomes sucks, Lewis is nothing but a backup/bench player, Hernandez is gonna be gone this year too. Oh yeah, and FUGG Chapman and his $30 million. The jury's still out, but he looks like a bust right now.

Bruce is still working on things, but he's slowly improving, Phillips is the heart of this team, and Cueto is our ace.

Insert quote here.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:48 PM   #2410
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Are you implying that Dusty is the Mike Brown of the Reds, allowing players to try to resurrect their careers in Cincinnati?

Pretty much.

Insert quote here.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #2411
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Stubbs sucks

0-4 2K's, 5 LOB and they lost 1-0. Would be nice to get some production out of the leadoff spot in a 1 run game
Old 07-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #2412
Tuxguy
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jason
Trading: (26)
Cohiba
Tuxguy will become famous soon enough

Go BUcs!
Tuxguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #2413
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

The Reds jugernaut showed up today

Reds Win! Reds Win!

4th place
Old 07-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #2414
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I forgot they played today.

Reds win! Reds win!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:00 PM   #2415
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
I forgot they played today.
Big fan, eh?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #2416
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Big fan, eh?
Some people have jobs

Last night I heard that they played today, I just forgot to turn on the radio.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #2417
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Some people have jobs
I work 24-7-365 and take care of the little guy.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #2418
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Ahhhh.... a manny
Old 07-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #2419
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
TMI!

Good news! I hear Atlanta has an interest in Gomes. I'd trade him for a bucket of balls and a new net for an L-frame.

Insert quote here.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:11 AM   #2420
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
TMI!

Good news! I hear Atlanta has an interest in Gomes. I'd trade him for a bucket of balls and a new net for an L-frame.
Yep. He was good last year, but this year he sucks.