Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-19-2011, 06:03 AM   #21
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: My Lease Return Fee Saga

That is too effin funny!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #22
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Is it there yet?
One of my favorite sayings at work is "your logic has no place in business"
It seems everyday you run into more policies that just don't work out in real life.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:59 AM   #23
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Oh yeah....that is awesome.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:12 AM   #24
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
On 4/30 I returned my wifes lease car.
I returned the car in near cherry condition,
and thanks to my wifes unwillingness to drive anywhere but the supermarket and target, a full 21000 miles under our allowance.
I know a few years ago, if you were to do something like this, it might be highly possible that you could take a car off lease and sell it for more than what the balance was on the lease and "make money" so to speak in circumstances. In my case, I had GMS pricing, but never tried doing it.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:38 AM   #25
mash
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (2)
mash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post
Dude, just buy another Chrysler. That 200 that Eminem is pimping has like eyebrows and mouth for a grill. How could you not want one of those? Or you could ask them if they have a New Yorker lying around.

MCS
Or a Cordoba, with smooth Corinthian leather.
mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:00 AM   #26
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

Great story, call them a hundred times today.

Last year I got a call from my alarm company saying I'm delinquinet and my account will go to a collection agency. Apparently when they installed the alarm they did not add up the various fees correctly. I had paid them what they told me to pay, but they had made an error of 50 cents. Idiots!
Old 05-20-2011, 06:27 AM   #27
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio Gato View Post
Great story, call them a hundred times today.

Last year I got a call from my alarm company saying I'm delinquinet and my account will go to a collection agency. Apparently when they installed the alarm they did not add up the various fees correctly. I had paid them what they told me to pay, but they had made an error of 50 cents. Idiots!

That reminds me of an old phone bill. I had the line disconnected when I moved. I paid the last bill and thought I was done. Nope. I got a new bill for $0.13 about a month later. It cost them more than the debt in postage (yes even the metered kind). I didn't want to pay it on principal that it would cost me more in postage than it would to pay the bill (plus I would have had to waste a check which weren't free). Not to mention, I wanted to see how many times they would send me a bill for $0.13. Total, twice. I'm guessing at some point either a human being figured it wasn't worth it and cancelled it, or their computer software was updated to negate any bill under the cost of postage.