Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #121
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Kids Sent Home For Wearing American Flag

I also did not see in this thread a little item being reported in the main stream media that at least two of the students were of mixed ethnic heritage, white and Mexican. Not shocked to see that this happened in the Bay area.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #122
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
I have stayed out of this until this post. The various ethnic and cultural groups owe their first loyalty to this country and to our country's flag and this used to be the way it was. Your hate map includes the various organizations dedicated to enforcing immigration laws so it lacks some credibility.
Read the description of the groups you mentioned, they seem to be organizations dedicated to enforcing immigration laws with ties to white supremecist groups and that's why they're on the hate map. SLPC tracks, monitors and uses litigation to fight violent and abusive hate groups, they've won victories against the KKK and other white supremecist groups that are responsible for a lot of heinous crimes that you probably wouldn't approve of. You might want to read a little more into their history before you dismiss their credibility. And just in case you think they have a anti-white agenda, they track the black seperatists and radical jewish hate groups as well. The only place they could use to work more is helping keep an eye on Islamic hate groups.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #123
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Just watched a Fox News clip with one of the kids involved. He had a great line.

Quote:
I never thought I would be on National TV for wearing an American Flag in America
Old 05-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #124
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

Supreme court said it best with students "not shedding their rights at the schoolhouse gate". Not sure to what point they can restrict dress, but I don't agree with the school officials at all
Old 05-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #125
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
I'm not stating ignorance in all things. Apparently there is some ignorance involved in this issue if antagonism in this case cannot be seen when it is so clear. Ignorance is "lack of knowledge" and when used correctly pertains to something rather than the whole. If it is truly believed that there was no ill will on the part of the kids then there is likely some ignorance involved in experience with these matters.

Oh, and Darrell, we are all ignorant in regards to at least some things. If you and I weren't, for example, we wouldn't be in school now, would we?
How would you say that the antagonism is so clear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
Also, like Tom said, Im sure we can all keep this NON-political
I guess the mods should have said to keep it non-political and also RESPECTFUL.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #126
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
How would you say that the antagonism is so clear?

Again, if you don't get it then you just do not get it, period.

I guess the mods should have said to keep it non-political and also RESPECTFUL.
I did not see that stating the obvious is disrespectful and I meant no disrespect by it.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #127
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Nate amd Mario, maybe it's time for this to go to PMs.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #128
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
I did not see that stating the obvious is disrespectful and I meant no disrespect by it.

I didn't know it was so obvious that I was ignorant... oh well

Closed Thread