Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold
Default The Obsidian

Mac and I split a box of these this week so I thought I'd light one up and see how good they really are. These are pretty new smokes with an imposing black band that covers pretty much the whole cigar. The size is a robusto, although at 5.5x54, its pretty big for a robusto. They come in boxes of 20 and run about 60 a box. I paired it with a coke. The wrapper is a habano and it had minimal veins and the foot had a good spicy smell. Good oily sheen to the wrapper also.

The first third had some good spice to it, but not overpowering like I thought it would be. Not really a pepper spice, alot mellower than that. It stayed this way until the second third where it picked up some woody notes along with the spice. This is definitely not a full bodied, ass kicking smoke by any means but its an enjoyable one. Can't really complain for the price point. The woodsy taste stayed until the nub which was appealing. I was happy with the cigar when I was finished. Not very complex, but had the flavors I expected and produced a ton of white billowing smoke. I would give it an 8 out of 10. Maybe come age might help. Was hoping it was more full bodied but hey they all can't be ass kickers.