Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Garbandz
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (53)
Garbandz will become famous soon enough
Default E P Carillo Short Run...Coming Soon

The E.P. Carillo folks have a new smoke coming out soon.The concept is a "Short Run", showcasing special blends created by Ernesto Carillo and offered in limited amounts.

This latest offering will be released in three sizes,Robusto,Corona Gorda,and a 60 ring size later in the summer.There will only be 1500 boxes of each size produced.Truly this will be a small batch cigar. I am not sure yet how they will be packaged,ten to a box or twenty.

The blend has a lovely Sumatra wrapper,and the filler is Nicaraguan and Dominican.The blend is designed a bit stronger than the first release,and each subsequent "Short Run" release will be a totally different blend from the others.

The price point is intended to be in the $6.50 to $7.50 average range

The full production blend from Carillo will be released at the IPCPR trade show in August,2010,so if you want to get some of the "Short Run" you will have a narrow window,and when they are gone,there will be another to look forward to.

ATTACH]6101[/ATTACH Name:  EP CARILLO Short Run 5-7-10 002.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  103.3 KB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EP CARILLO Short Run 5-7-10 001.jpg (101.8 KB, 223 views)
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
OHRD
Garage w/ couch & ashtray

First Name: Matt
Trading: (39)
OHRD will become famous soon enoughOHRD will become famous soon enough
Default Re: E P Carillo Short Run...Coming Soon

I really enjoyed the Short Run, though not quite as much as the Edicion Inaugural. I posted a review on the CA Review forum here.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Looks good! I havent had any of the EP Carillos before, but I'll have to find some!
Old 05-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
JJG
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JJG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
Looks good! I havent had any of the EP Carillos before, but I'll have to find some!
The Inaugural Editions are

I planned on buying one "just to try", and have purchased many more since. I can't speak on the short runs though, haven't seen these yet, but I highly recommend trying one of the Inaugurals.
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:26 AM   #5
whodeeni

Tom Do you work in the industry?

EP Carillo is kind of a HTF Boutique brand IMO.
Where can you find these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbandz View Post
The E.P. Carillo folks have a new smoke coming out soon.The concept is a "Short Run", showcasing special blends created by Ernesto Carillo and offered in limited amounts.

This latest offering will be released in three sizes,Robusto,Corona Gorda,and a 60 ring size later in the summer.There will only be 1500 boxes of each size produced.Truly this will be a small batch cigar. I am not sure yet how they will be packaged,ten to a box or twenty.

The blend has a lovely Sumatra wrapper,and the filler is Nicaraguan and Dominican.The blend is designed a bit stronger than the first release,and each subsequent "Short Run" release will be a totally different blend from the others.

The price point is intended to be in the $6.50 to $7.50 average range

The full production blend from Carillo will be released at the IPCPR trade show in August,2010,so if you want to get some of the "Short Run" you will have a narrow window,and when they are gone,there will be another to look forward to.

ATTACH]6101[/ATTACH Attachment 6102
Old 05-14-2010, 04:26 AM   #6
Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodeeni View Post
Tom Do you work in the industry?

EP Carillo is kind of a HTF Boutique brand IMO.
Where can you find these?
The Short Run isn't on the market just yet. Looks like they will be available in early June

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Brian Hewitt at StogieReview.com
The Short Run concept, as explained to me by Ernesto Perez-Carrillo’s son Ernie is “to release small batches of unique blends throughout the year. This is the only Short Run edition that we plan on doing in 2010, but we will do many more in 2011.” This first Short Run edition will come in 1,500 boxes of 24 in three sizes: Populares (4 7/8 x 50 at $6.25), Delirios (5 7/8 x 52 at $7.00) and Dominantes (6 1/4 x 60 at $8.50). The Populares and Delirios will be available by sometime in early June, and the Dominantes should hit the market in July
I'm not familiar with Atlanta, but I know that Buckhead Cigar in Buckhead carries the Inaugural 2009 and would expect him to carry the new line once available.