Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #101
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iPad 3 (The new iPad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
My only complaint is the battery life - started the day at 100% and I'm down to 39% right now. I read and posted on CA a few times, checked my email using the iPad client and read a couple of short stories with the Kindle app...
That's maybe 3 hours?
I haven't used mine much because I've been so busy, so I can't help compare. I can say that I never didn't get through the day with my ipad1. I could read and surf all day without setting it down, and never had to recharge the battery till bedtime.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #102
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

Mine had about 70% when I took out the box and it got used pretty heavily last night, had just under 20% when I got up this morning. Wifi turned on the whole time, downloaded a few things and played on it a lot.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #103
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuceone View Post
I bet you would be happy to come home and it not be there???
I think your assumption is pretty safe, seeing as I have yet to speak to someone that is happy to be a victim of a crime.....

But with my willingness to presign for the package, it was obviously a chance I was more than willing to take....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #104
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
My only complaint is the battery life - started the day at 100% and I'm down to 39% right now. I read and posted on CA a few times, checked my email using the iPad client and read a couple of short stories with the Kindle app...
I found one of the sources of my battery issues: Location Services. Apparently many apps enable this on install "xxx would would like to use your location". I turned off location services and this helped. Still looking for other culprits.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #105
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

So after my fascination with the iPad, my wife surprised me with an iPhone for my birthday. Trying to get use to it, big change from the Droid X2 that I was using. She just got the iPhone 4, which actually sells for less than the Droid X2 right now....

We'll see if it takes....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #106
Madman31
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Madman31 is on a distinguished road

It's really really clear. Went to an Apple store to see it but it got really hot while holding it. Quality control has gone down since Jobs died
Madman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #107
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman31 View Post
It's really really clear. Went to an Apple store to see it but it got really hot while holding it. Quality control has gone down since Jobs died
Never had a heat issue with mine...

Apple says that the heat issue is application dependent (e.g., hi res games have the most problems) but that even then the heat was not really an issue -- more like warm to the touch...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #108
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Never had a heat issue with mine...

Apple says that the heat issue is application dependent (e.g., hi res games have the most problems) but that even then the heat was not really an issue -- more like warm to the touch...
Same here. My 3rd gen gets slightly warmer to the touch than my 2nd gen was, but really we're talking perhaps a couple degrees at the most. I don't game beyond the odd 5 or 10 min of Angry Birds every couple of days. My use of the iPad is primarily for reading books, surfing the internet/email and remote systems administration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman31 View Post
Went to an Apple store to see it but it got really hot while holding it.
You have to remember that the display models in the Apple Store (or any retail store for that matter) spend the entire day under hot lights and in almost constant use as people play around with it. The display models don't come close to approximating "normal" use any more than floor model TV's setup in demo torch mode come close to approximating what the set's colours will look like in your living room. Best bet is to try and find a friend and ask if you can demo their's for a half hour of normal use (reading, surfing, etc). That'll give you a much better impression than the floor models on the heat issue.
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #109
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

Just as an FYI for anyone in the market for a full size iPad:

You can now get a refurbished iPad 3 (the one from March that still has a 30-pin connector) for $379. That is less than the current price of the iPad 2.

Link
Old 10-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #110
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
Just as an FYI for anyone in the market for a full size iPad:

You can now get a refurbished iPad 3 (the one from March that still has a 30-pin connector) for $379. That is less than the current price of the iPad 2.

Link
I will have to keep that in mind -- my wife wants to upgrade from her original iPad.

Thanks!

Old 02-06-2013, 02:43 AM   #111
MACS
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Navy (Retired)
MACS is on a distinguished road

I finally got myself one of these. It's an iPad 3, 16GB with the Verizon 4G. I paid $449 for it, brand new, no taxes (tyvm, Navy Exchange).

It's pretty cool, so far. I have Wi-Fi, but I signed up for the 1GB a month for $20 through Verizon.