Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-31-2011, 12:45 PM   #661
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Steelers fans check in...

Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:32 PM   #662
cobra03
Adult Babysitter

First Name: Scott
Trading: (15)
Partagas
cobra03 will become famous soon enoughcobra03 will become famous soon enough

Thank you Steelers. From a Bills fan.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:38 PM   #663
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I don't think anyone took it literally, Larry, except maybe you. I certainly didn't take the picture as wishing Brady a serious injury, I took it as him getting his ass knocked out. I wouldn't mind seeing that a bit, and I'm a big fan of Tom Brady. He's a hell of a ball player. Senseless and on the bench is right where I'd like him.
I'm not sure why you'd bring his wife into this, you probably hurt Tom's feelings.
Scott, I took it literally and feel that SteelCityBoy is backing up after a negative response. As a Pats fan I congratulate you and the other Steeler fans who are not jerks on a great win. Hopefully the Pats can redeem themselves in the playoffs. Anybody calling Brady a crybaby forgets the ultimate cheapshot artist Hines Ward and his crying to the point that he chickened out of this game. SteelCityBoy, wish that I could meet you in person and discuss your problem over a beer and a cigar.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:17 PM   #664
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Scott, I took it literally and feel that SteelCityBoy is backing up after a negative response. As a Pats fan I congratulate you and the other Steeler fans who are not jerks on a great win. Hopefully the Pats can redeem themselves in the playoffs. Anybody calling Brady a crybaby forgets the ultimate cheapshot artist Hines Ward and his crying to the point that he chickened out of this game. SteelCityBoy, wish that I could meet you in person and discuss your problem over a beer and a cigar.
Paul, I'm not on here looking to make enemies. I am a passionate fan that hated watching Brady pick us apart. I came across a pic that showed Brady down on the ground and said "I wouldn't mind seeing this." If that was taken as I hope Brady blows out his leg, then so be it, but that's not what I said. Take it however you want. Steelers won, Pats lost, Brady still has his leg in tact, end of story.

Moving forward I will be more cautious with what I post out ther for all to see because I learn from my lessons. Clearly, there are other passionate people out there like me. That's fine, I don't fault anyone for it. Hopefully one day we can enjoy a friendly cigar over a beer and some sports or whatever...

Last edited by SteelCityBoy; 10-31-2011 at 06:26 PM.
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #665
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

After the performances from both teams in the last couple weeks, I am looking forward to the game against Baltimore more than I have any other game this season.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #666
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (6)
SLR Army (Served With Honor)
Mikey202 will become famous soon enoughMikey202 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
When you pause for a moment, and if you are a true, passionate football fan, (which I know you are), do you really think that Hines Ward chickened out of the game? Really?
As for Hines Ward being a "cheapshot artist", it's football. He never did anything illegal, unethical or cheap when playing the game. Alot of those, blocks/hits came on interceptions when everyone is a target.Can't help it people don't have thier "head on a swivel."
And as far as comparing Hines Ward to Tom Brady as a crybaby...... the only time I've seen Hines Ward actually shed tears, was for passion of the game.
Like when they lost in the playoffs and he was upset because he wanted to win for Jerome Bettis, due to the fact that he felt, The Bus, " ...deserved to be a Champion." And when he was holding the Superbowl trophy.

As for Brady, like I said before. He is one of the best to ever play the game at the QB position. But he is one of the biggest cry babies as far as when people touch him, and always looking for the flag.

As for the game... well, Brady can't pick Pittsburgh's zone defense apart, like in years past. They played man to man on the recievers and the better team won. And Brady doesn't have all day to hang out in the pocket like he used too.

Pittsburgh Steeler football is about smashmouth on both sides of the ball. Has been for 43 years of my life, and I'm not ashamed to say it.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #667
SteelCityBoy

Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
After the performances from both teams in the last couple weeks, I am looking forward to the game against Baltimore more than I have any other game this season.
This game is going to be HUGE! We will have to see what the Steelers bring in terms of intensity to this game. I am sure the week 1 loss to Baltimore is still fresh in their minds.

With Woodley likely out with a bad hammy it would be huge to get Harrsion back in there. As of Saturday I read that he was being evaluated to see if he could play. If his vision gets the green light from the doc he will start. Our "D" will need to step up again this week against Ray Rice and not allow the running onslaught they did in week 1.

If our offence and defence plays how they have been in weeks past, we will envoke sweet revenge Sunday night! Can't wait!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #668
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

Bolivar

It's too bad we had to play against the Ravens and the officials tonight.

Our downfall was letting them convert on so many 3rd down. That was disappointing.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #669
SteelCityBoy

Bolivar

Sucks seeing the Raven's get the season sweep. That really hurts, but you have to hand it to them. They made the plays when it mattered most. Our "D" decided to take the final drive off and let them march 92 yards for the winning TD. That is embarrassing. Turnovers usually matter too and they way this season has gone for us in that category we should be thankful to be 6-3. Last night was just another example. Inside the red zone on a great drive that would have at least ended in a field goal instead is a bad read resulting in a pick for Ben. We coulda, woulda, shoulda won that game but it is what it is....a loss.

Now all of a sudden a back half of the season schedule that looked simple a few weeks back is a bit tougher. Cincy is playing good ball and will not be an easy task on the road next week. Let's hope that our "D" decides to step up and redeem themselves this week and then we can head into a bye to get healthy and some much needed rest.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #670
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
It's too bad we had to play against the Ravens and the officials tonight.

Our downfall was letting them convert on so many 3rd down. That was disappointing.
I'm not happy with the loss, but it was an exciting game. Bottom line...our secondary sucks, they said they were going after our corners in the second half. They did....they won the game doing that.

The O-line did an outstanding job at protecting Ben. Suggs was a non-factor, when he was going up against Max Starks.

The only real complaint I have is the non-call for the personal foul that Lewis should have recieved for the helmet to helmet hit on Ward.
I know alot of Steeler haters think that Ward got what was coming to him, and in no way do I think it was malicious, on Lewis's part.

I personally can't stand Lewis. I think he is a great HOF player, but he is still someone who got away with being an accessory to murder.

We will see them in the Playoffs.

I also enjoyed seeing Tom Brady throw a temper tantrum on the sidelines yesterday.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #671
SteelCityBoy

Bolivar

Time for the black and gold to step up and get a huge win today! Cannot go 0-3 in the division! I sense a huge win today!
Old 11-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #672
SteelCityBoy

Bolivar

Well, the "D" stepped up today and you have to hand it to them for closing out the game this week and not allowing the Begals to tie the game at the end. Great play William Gay!

Now it's time to get some much needed rest, get healthier, and finish the year strong! Let's go Seattle!
Old 11-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #673
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

A much needed AFC north win for the boys in Black & Gold!

Chris.....
Old 12-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #674
SteelCityBoy

Bolivar

I am heading to the Burgh now to go to the game against the Bengals!!! I am 5-1 when attending a home game so I hope to arrive back home Sunday night 6-1! We could really use Woodley back to put more pressure on Dalton. He played well last go around despite the late pics he threw. Anyone heard the latest on Woodley?
Old 12-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #675
marge796

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy View Post
I am heading to the Burgh now to go to the game against the Bengals!!! I am 5-1 when attending a home game so I hope to arrive back home Sunday night 6-1! We could really use Woodley back to put more pressure on Dalton. He played well last go around despite the late pics he threw. Anyone heard the latest on Woodley?
Ken,

I'm jealous! Have fun! We're going to destroy the bungles!

Chris.....
Old 12-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #676
marge796

One hell of a game! The Black & Gold looked outstanding today!

Chris.....
Old 12-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #677
SteelCityBoy

Bolivar

Here is some eye candy for all your Steeler fans out there!!! I went to the game this past Sunday against Cincy and took some pics to share:

Me and the wifey (her first Steeler game with me). I hope to not offend anyone with that upclose mug shot of me:

Tailgating...probably the best part about going to games in Pittsburgh is all the great tailgating!!!

Inside Heinz Field where the Steelers were applying a beat down:

And last but certainly not least perhaps the best thing of all....A Pittsburgh tradition; a Primanti Brothers Sandwich!!!!

Old 12-09-2011, 08:02 AM   #678
SteelCityBoy

Bolivar

What a game last night....wasn't exactly pretty but in the end a win is win!

If anyone has ever questioned Big Ben's toughness there should be no more doubt in their mind...

He has done it in the past time and time again and just continues to find ways to put his team on his back and carry them to victory no matter what.

Big Ben is Pittsburgh. That is what we are all about!!! Blue collar, give 110% all the time, work hard, and never say die!!!

I know Ben has had some off the field issues in the past but he just continues to impress me more and more. I think he best days are yet to come!

Let's hope that the rest between now and next Monday night 12/19 versus the 49ers is enough to help him and the rest of the team get healthy.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #679
marge796

Another incredible game last night! I don't have to mention anything about Ben or his toughness, his play says it all!!! I think we need this ten day hiatus for Ben, Troy, Maurice and the rest of the battered Steelers. On to San Francisco and our run to number 7 .

Chris.....
Old 12-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #680
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

Huge game on Monday, after that Ravens loss. Defense needs to bring the Steel City Smackdown to San Fran.