Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Jokes

Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default 1977 -vs- 2011

HIGH SCHOOL -- 1977 vs. 2011

Scenario 1: Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1977 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2011 - School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1977 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins.. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2011 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3: Jeffrey will not sit still in class, he disrupts other students.

1977 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2011 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The school gets extra money from the state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt..

1977 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.

2011 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5: Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1977 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.

2011 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6: Pedro fails high school English.

1977 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

2011 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher.. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.

1977 - Ants die.

2011 - ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents -- and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated.
Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8: Wally falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Nancy. Nancy hugs him to comfort him.

1977 - In a short time, Wally feels better and goes on playing.

2011 - Nancy is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison... Wally undergoes 5 years of therapy.

This should be sufficient to show how stupid we have become!!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1977 -vs- 2011

Too true to be funny aren't they Todd?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Jason
Trading: (59)
big_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to behold

even though i was born in 79 i still got the paddle from the principle or coach depending on who was closer, i have made my mistakes, took the blame and LEARNED from them and they have made me the upstanding citizen that i am today. i was not coddled as a child, i was able to be a kid and do dumb stuff and that helped me become who i am..... the stuff going on these days is just a damn shame and can only be explained by the fact these days kids have no home training and that is a DAMN SHAME!!!
big_jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
Bluetick
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
Bluetick is on a distinguished road

Five years ago this played out at our local high school.

My wife's cousin is married to the high school principle, he's a great guy, works with the kids and goes out of his way to see that they finish school. If they try to work with him he goes the distance to help.

A boy, who is half way kin to the principle, had gone deer hunting before school. He left his rifle in his locked jeep in a gun case. Well, word got around as kids talk.
Sure enough, it was found, the kid called in, the parents called. Principle tells the parents he knows what happened, the police would not be called in but school policy says 3 days suspension, that's all. Dear old dad blows up and has a fit, to stupid to see what trouble they missed.
Bluetick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #5
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Why is this a joke?

This is serious stuff!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #6
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Why is this a joke?

This is serious stuff!
Because I didn't know where else to go with it.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

When I did stupid stuff as a kid I was often given the choice of either the belt or the hand. If we were outside in the garage, a 2x4 was added to the equation. If my brother and I were fighting so much that it pissed off my dad, he gave us a choice of either the front yard or back yard to hug it out. We were also on baseball teams that kept score and we learned what it was like to win or lose. I think we turned out OK.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #8
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I always hated when my grandmother made me go outside and make may own switch. Lessons learned, but I grew up normal. Well, as normal as I could get.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #9
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
I always hated when my grandmother made me go outside and make may own switch. Lessons learned, but I grew up normal. Well, as normal as I could get.
The last thing you are, is normal!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
When I did stupid stuff as a kid I was often given the choice of either the belt or the hand. If we were outside in the garage, a 2x4 was added to the equation. If my brother and I were fighting so much that it pissed off my dad, he gave us a choice of either the front yard or back yard to hug it out. We were also on baseball teams that kept score and we learned what it was like to win or lose. I think we turned out OK.
I think I'd rather have been beaten than made to do math.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #11
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
So true!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #12
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

"I think I'd rather have been beaten than made to do math."

LOL! Me too, brother, me too.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #13
Bluetick
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
Bluetick is on a distinguished road

My mother could pull a switch out of thin air. I swear, we would search the car over before the trip home from grandmothers. We'd get to fighting and she'd have switch in her hand.
There was not a place in a 1960 Pontiac Catalina she could not reach you and still drive the car. lol

God I miss her. I would gladly take an a** beating today, if I could talk to her again.
Bluetick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #14
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
I also had a good number of wooden spoons broken over my butt via my mother.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
God I miss her. I would gladly take an a** beating today, if I could talk to her again.
Amen!
Old 01-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #16
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

True and sad.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #17
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
So true!
You two are as "NORMAL" as I am!!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #18
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

1977 - Ants die.
That made me laugh for real. The rest makes my head hurt. It's a sad state of affairs anymore.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #19
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
1977 - Ants die.
That made me laugh for real. The rest makes my head hurt. It's a sad state of affairs anymore.
Agreed!