Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 07-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Software purchase question

Hey everyone, just a question. Yesterday I purchased and downloaded Cyberlink Youcam Deluxe 4 and installed it. The download was through digital river. I go to cyberlinks website and see today they released version 5 of the same software. I got mad because there was no indication of a pending release of a new version today. I contacted them via their online contact thingy and was told the best thing to do is request a refund through digital river and then buy the new one. Digital River requires something called a letter of destruction yadayadayda and it sounds like it could take a few weeks to actually get the refund. That's pretty crappy in my estimation.

Question is am I justified in being upset? or should I just grin and bear it?
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Software purchase question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
Hey everyone, just a question. Yesterday I purchased and downloaded Cyberlink Youcam Deluxe 4 and installed it. The download was through digital river. I go to cyberlinks website and see today they released version 5 of the same software. I got mad because there was no indication of a pending release of a new version today. I contacted them via their online contact thingy and was told the best thing to do is request a refund through digital river and then buy the new one. Digital River requires something called a letter of destruction yadayadayda and it sounds like it could take a few weeks to actually get the refund. That's pretty crappy in my estimation.

Question is am I justified in being upset? or should I just grin and bear it?
i would say you are justified in being "irritated".

greg dont stress it. just remember that when you get the letter and the refund then its no harm no foul...... until then i say you burn a cigar or 2 everyday to "vent"

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

First Name: Scott
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Scothew will become famous soon enoughScothew will become famous soon enough

I would assume digital river is a reseller of cyberlink right? Does the manufacturer not do updates to their software or is it an entire different suite (i.e. like MS does with office suites)

Bráithreachas Thar Gach Ní
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Did digital river indicate that it was the latest and greatest? Lots of vendors sell old versions because that is what some people want. When it comes to buying through a third party, caveat emptor.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

I bought it directly from cyberlinks website. They use digital river for downloaded purchases. Yes as of yesterday v4 was the latest and greatest. V5 was released today and there was no indication that i saw saying coming soon new version. Yes u can upgrade for 25 more dollars.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote