Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-19-2011, 06:47 AM   #41
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hotel wi-fi rant......

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Stupid Home Depot doesn't have free wifi, I am so done with them.
Lowes doesn't have it either so I am stuck.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #42
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Best part-carry an ethernet cable and plug in for free.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #43
forgop
Not a puffer

forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
Try booking in Vegas. A lot of the hotels now automatically charge a resort fee ranging from $15 - $25. Some include: free local calls (uh cell phone), internet access, and gym use (which is usually open from 8am to 6pm or something like that) daily newspaper, blah, blah, blah.

I'm sure you can reason with them to remove the charge, but really why automatically charge me something that I'm not going to use.
You'll run into that around Disney a lot as well. I booked a great deal for a nice hotel a couple of years ago on a business trip only to pay a $12 resort fee when I wasn't using anything like the van to the parks, pool parties, etc. It's a scam IMO.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:21 AM   #44
forgop
Not a puffer

I've decided to try for 2-3 star hotels on priceline from now on. They'll give you a free wifi and continental breakfast, whereas if you get stuck in a 4 star, no free wifi and you have a $12-15/pp choice for breakfast.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:25 AM   #45
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
We stay almost exclusively at Marriott hotels when we take our hockey trips, and with the exception of the 2 hotels I mentioned earlier, the Marriotts we stay at almost *all* offer free wifi, free breakfast, microwaves, fridges, funny little mini-stores at the front counter and they have all allowed us to drink in the lobby until dawn.

They may not be 5 star, but Marriott provides a very cost effective way to travel en masse, on the cheap. We dig em and dread when we hear there is no courtyard or marriott to stay when we book for hockey trips.

I'm sure they can't measure up to 5 star ratings, or maybe even 4 star ratings, but when it comes to the little things, and especially the TOPIC AT HAND, Marriotts take the cake in my book.
Mine too, but I'm obviously biased.
You'll never see 100% satisfaction and always have people who you can't make happy, but the loyalty I see every day to the brand is really kinda amazing.

Not sure where the ratings posted earlier came from, but they're about 4 points under where just about any hotel would say, "we're doing really well with the guest satisfaction scores". They're also lower than the ones I recently saw, so I'm not sure where they came from or their validity.

I haven't stayed anywhere else in 10 years and am headed to the Marriott Marquis in Times Square in less than 2 weeks and can't think of anywhere I'd rather stay.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #46
thebayratt
Still Watching My Ash

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (11)
RA
thebayratt will become famous soon enoughthebayratt will become famous soon enough

Thas like when me and a group of friends stayed at a fancy hotel in NOLA last year and they wanted $25 a day for wi-fi.....
We went across the street to a nice bar/resturant, got a drink and surfed the net there. We asked on the way out if we could continue to use there wi-fi across the street at our hotel loby. they said "sure, no problem!" We went to the hotel lobby and used the bar's and all it cost us was $6 for the two beers!
thebayratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #47
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
I've decided to try for 2-3 star hotels on priceline from now on. They'll give you a free wifi and continental breakfast, whereas if you get stuck in a 4 star, no free wifi and you have a $12-15/pp choice for breakfast.
Try Holiday Inn express. We stayed in one the other night just outside orlando. $59 bucks a night after taxes. Free Wifi and Free HOT breakfast: pancakes, bacon, biscuits, cinn buns, coffee, juice, cereal, bagels etc.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:50 PM   #48
justonemorestick
Kat Krap Kontanment Media

First Name: Warren
Trading: (13)
justonemorestick is on a distinguished road

Im with you but I havent even used my laptop since I got my smart phone. it would seem that if you are paying over $100 a night its the least they could provide. I still ask the girl behind the counter if a happy ending is included in the resort fee. Now that would be a resort.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #49
BnBTobacco

The same thing happened to me when I checked in a hotel. Mine was $6 per day. $13 is too much! Now, the first thing I do is ask if they have free Wi-Fi service.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:07 PM   #50
smokepuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
So I checked my hotel in Orlando and they want 13 bucks a day for wi-fi, seriously 13 bucks...I am not spending 13 bucks a day to chat with you guys I was just gonna take the Ipad and use it (not 3g) with their wi-fi but now I have to take a laptop with an aircard. Seems like I could stay at a Motel 6 and get free wi-fi, WTH?
13 bucks

Invest in learning to use airsnort or aircrack-ng problem solved.

Although for educational purposes only, I am not responsible for the what one use the software for or any damages you may incur
Old 05-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #51
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

You're in Orlando, go to Corona, free wifi and lots of cigars.