Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #41
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you think about "Expensive Cigars?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Kelmac would tell you that a 601 Blue maduro is worth $15.
Yes sir!!
Old 12-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #42
Redlegsmoker

I smoked a Christmas present yesterday Fuente "Between the Lines" it was $16 cigar. I enjoy the Fuente "Short Story" a whole hell of a lot more. I'm glad it was a one cigar gift.
I have only been smoking a short time but I am learning the cost or size doesn't matter it is what you like to smoke that does. Be it a $3 dollar or $16 cigar.
Also learned that the setting and atmosphere help to make a great smoke.

Happy New Year
Dave
'
Old 12-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #43
SpruceBruce
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jimmy
Trading: (9)
Cohiba
SpruceBruce is on a distinguished road

Unless I'm buying from a B&M to smoke there (or on my next visit), I have a _really_ hard time paying more than $6 for a smoke. Part of it is how much shopping around I do, I find I can find most things I want to try for $2-3 from various bundles around the 'net.
SpruceBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:39 AM   #44
kuzi16
the one and only

Trading: (1)
SCdlH
kuzi16 is on a distinguished road

there is a sentiment out there against Davidoff. ive been smoking cigars for 6 or so years and to tell the truth, i used to think they were overpriced and had no flavor.

i think part of it was because at the time i had no idea what i was smoking because my palate had not been developed. i didnt know how to retrohale. i confused body and strength with flavor. i was 100% in the "the fuller the better" mindset.

as i moved along in my cigar journey i began to appreciate milder cigars. i could see more of the flavor. i could understand what was going on.

Davidoff is now one of my favorite brands.

i have actually began to take all this "Davidoff hate" with a grain of salt if it is coming from someone who will only smoke full bodied cigars.

there are some people i know who dont like Davidoff not because they are "expensive and not full bodied" but because they actually dont like the flavor profile, and i can understand that. the signature "Kelner musk" isnt for everyone, much like not everyone likes the spicy blending syle of DPG, or lito Gomez.

all that being said, i have no problem dropping $15+ on a davidoff.
kuzi16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #45
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

Everyone has different palettes. I've "expensive" cigars that I personally hated and my friends loved, and vice-versa. I personally just love trying new stuff that I've never tried before. Smoking can be sometimes be a gamble, but that's what makes it so fun!
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #46
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR1205 View Post
Everyone has different palettes. I've "expensive" cigars that I personally hated and my friends loved, and vice-versa. I personally just love trying new stuff that I've never tried before. Smoking can be sometimes be a gamble, but that's what makes it so fun!
If You Don't Try It, You'll Never Know!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:38 PM   #47
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation

They should have samples.
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote