Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 10-17-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
The Hulk
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

First Name: Tyler
Trading: (0)
Cohiba CoastGuard (Deployed)
The Hulk is on a distinguished road
Default Fitness advice available

Hi all!

I know I'm new to the forum, but I wanted to put this out there for those who may need a little help. I have a BS in Exercise Physiology, been a certified personal trainer since '06, and Unit Health Promotion Coordinator for the US Coast Guard. I am currently preparing for a bodybuilding competition here at NSA Bahrain.

Enough of my credentials. I want to help anyone who is looking to make their lives healthier. I can help with workouts or nutrition advice. I look forward to helping out where I can. Just shoot me a message if interested. Thanks for your time folks.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #2
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fitness advice available

Glad to have you here, Tyler.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:34 AM   #3
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Welcome to CA, hulk. Great group of people here.

I may have to take you up on that advice. I've been meaning to get back into shape, but haven't the slightest on where to begin.
Posted via Mobile Device
pektel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:10 AM   #4
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Oh yeah!!
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
The Hulk

I love to help those who are willing to take it. Pete you got a message in your in box.

Last edited by The Hulk; 10-17-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Spelling errot
The Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

I'll probably be messaging you soon enough!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

What is an optimal copper and zinc intake one should have daily as guideline? Are there any forms of either mineral that are easy on the stomach?
Old 10-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
What is an optimal copper and zinc intake one should have daily as guideline? Are there any forms of either mineral that are easy on the stomach?

Normally 30 to 50mg is suggested as far as zinc goes. I hear different numbers on zinc. What I usually do is take a ZMA (zinc and magnesium) supplement before bed. Usually the doseage on the label will meet your daily requirements. The zinc helps w/ your immune system as well as natural testostrone production and maganesium is a natural muscle relaxer. I have never had any digestive problem w/ taking this supplement. Twin labs, optimum, and GNC are three good companies that manufacture this and they are trust worthy products. Many minerals such as zinc absorb better when taken w/ certain minerals (ZMA for example is one).

As far as copper I will have to get back with you. I normally don't deal w/ that as a form of supplmentation. Usually get enough copper building transmission cables . I will definately look into it though.

I will put this disclaimer out there. I'm not a doctor so if you have any pre existing issues or your are taking medications please speak with your doctor before taking supplements.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #9
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post

I will put this disclaimer out there. I'm not a doctor so if you have any pre existing issues or your are taking medications please speak with your doctor before taking supplements.
Oh, where's the fun in that?
Old 10-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Isn't copper somewhat linked to Alzheimer's?

http://www.jacn.org/content/28/3/238.full
Old 10-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #11
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Isn't copper somewhat linked to Alzheimer's?

http://www.jacn.org/content/28/3/238.full

Here's an article on its benefits, but not much is needed: http://www.livestrong.com/article/11...r-supplements/
Old 10-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #12
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Here's an article on its benefits, but not much is needed: http://www.livestrong.com/article/11...r-supplements/
I only go to that website when I need blood doping advice, Moses.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #13
Remo
C.I.A

Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Kick him when he's down Admiral.....I like it
Old 10-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
BC-Axeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
Kick him when he's down Admiral.....I like it
We like dirty laundry.

Serious question.
What are your opinions about HGH and supplements to boost production of it?
Old 10-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Armstrong's results speak for themself.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #16
Remo
C.I.A

Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Armstrong's results speak for themself.
Ah...true
Old 10-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #17
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
We like dirty laundry.

Serious question.
What are your opinions about HGH and supplements to boost production of it?
HGH is still very new as far as research is concerned. The US doesn't do many studies on it due to the "steroid" stigma attached to it. But European countries have been doing studies for a short period. I'll have to find the article but they are testing it on children who are lagging behind in normal growth. The short and skinny is that it is making subjects grow with no side effects. Unfortunately no long term studies have been done that would give a better answer to long term damages it may cause.

From my research, plus my wife did a very interesting dissertation on it, the stuff seems be very effective with little to no side effects. It actually, on the surface looks like a miracle drug. I haven't taken it and won't due to it being against CG policy. Plus being 27 it would be hard to convince a Doc my libido and energy is to low to write a script . I need to find her paper again to try and give you some really good resources.

Now there are many supplements that you can get at your local vitamin store that aid in testosterone production. Horny goat weed, saw palmetto, zinc, and tribulous to name a few. I've taken all these and noticed good results as far as my workout energy and muscle growth. Other products like Animal stack by Universal nutrition combines all these.

Remember when taking supplements like these you need to cycle of them and take as directed on the bottle or pack. Everyone is different and all supplements react differently on certain individuals.

Also I want to put this out there. There is nothing, and I mean nothing that is anywhere close to steroids sold in GNC. Worked there during college and got asked that question all the time. Hope this helps some.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #18
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

One thing I wish I never got into... PWO. I feel like I can't get a good work out in without taking any PWO, oh and it has to be 3-1 dymeth. These high caffeine pwo doesn't work for me, I up the dosage to 2 scoops and it's just mehhh. PWO is like opening pandoras box.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #19
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

Very cool of you Tyler. Might have a question or two for you in the future
Old 10-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #20
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Wordy PM sent.

Take your time.