Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2022, 04:05 AM   #4041
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the espresso coffee is on and today is our tax day. We have an appointment at 0845 and hopefully it shouldn't take too long. Got all the documents filled out and all our required stuff in a folder as well. Anyway, the weekend went well. Saturday, we stayed home as we had a nice little storm and then yesterday we hit a couple of breweries in the area with a some close friends. Congrats to Chase Briscoe for taking the checkered flag in yesterday's NASCAR race and for scoring his first Cup win in the series. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a favorite or two throughout it..........
Old 03-15-2022, 03:46 AM   #4042
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's looking like we'll have another nice weather day here in the Hudson Valley:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...4#.YjBfGx0pCi4

Definitely firing up the grill this afternoon as we picked up a couple of salmon steaks at the market and I'm sure a primo stogie will be in order as well. Enjoy all and remember to be safe out there........
Old 03-16-2022, 03:55 AM   #4043
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". We're looking forward to another beautiful day today, rain tomorrow (can always use it as they say) and then a great weather day on Friday. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well.......
Old 03-17-2022, 04:02 AM   #4044
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room this evening. Being that it's Saint Patrick's Day today, we're having classic Reuben Sandwiches for dinner paired with a Guinness beer:

https://www.thespruceeats.com/reuben-sandwich-3054261

The NY Rangers take on the NY Islanders tonight starting at 1900 (7 PM) which is always a great match up. Let's go Rangers, you got this. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy and we see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight........
Old 03-18-2022, 03:27 AM   #4045
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a good time at Aroma last night, a number of the regulars were out enjoying top shelf stogies and all. Unfortunately, the NY Rangers came up short losing to the NY Islanders 2 - 1. This evening, we are going out to see some live music at the The Brewery at Orange County Hops:

https://www.facebook.com/orangecountyhops/

Always a good time and the beer is top notch. The NASCAR racers are in Atlanta, GA this weekend with racing tomorrow and Sunday. Enjoy your weekend everyone and hope you get to smoke a favorite or two or......
Old 03-21-2022, 03:40 AM   #4046
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday already. We had a great weekend overall: the music and beer (and cigars) were top shelf for sure Friday evening; Saturday, Beth and I along with two of our dear friends spent the day at Post 1796 American Legion in New Windsor, NY. They had a tasty Reuben sandwiches, Irish dancers, 50/50, etc. Yesterday, Beth and I relaxed and stayed home as I put the snow blower away for the season. Congrats to William Byron for taking the checkered flag in yesterday's NASCAR race, it was definitely high speed race with plenty of bumper to bumper racing. Anyway, enjoy your week all and be safe out there.......
Old 03-22-2022, 02:48 AM   #4047
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0345 as we have to be up and running in the EOC at West Point by 0600 this morning. Today is our bi-annual Full Scale Exercise being evaluated by our higher headquarters from San Antonio, TX (IMCOM). Because of COVID, we haven't been evaluated since 2019 by IMCOM. We have numerous exercises throughout the year in preparation for this level training. Most likely, the scenario will be an active shooter with add-ons for sure. The evaluation will run at least for eight hours and we're ready for them. At the end of the day, I know a beer will have my name on for sure. Anyway, have a great day everyone and enjoy.......
Old 03-23-2022, 03:41 AM   #4048
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's "Hump Day". Yesterday's exercise went well as expected. Long and tiring but all in all, we did what as required. I hope you all have a great day and enjoy......
Old 03-24-2022, 03:54 AM   #4049
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room this evening enjoying primo cigars and all. I hope everyone has a great day and we see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight.......
Old 03-24-2022, 07:51 AM   #4050
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

"Primo" cigars. Hmm, I've never had that brand.
Old 03-25-2022, 04:01 AM   #4051
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's Friday! We had a blast at Aroma last night, the place was packed everyone was enjoying primo stogies, adult beverages and local fare from around the area. This weekend, the NASCAR drivers are in Austin, TX racing at the 3.4 mile road race track called Circuit of the Americas:

https://www.nascar.com/2022/echopark...ive-grand-prix

Also this weekend sports wise, the NCAA basketball playoffs are in full swing, the NHL is fast and furious on the ice and the MLB is in their final couple of weeks of Spring Training with Opening Day scheduled for April 7th:

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-revised...eason-schedule

Enjoy your weekend all and I hope you get to smoke a favorite or two or........
Old 03-28-2022, 03:59 AM   #4052
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday already. We had a great weekend starting off with Saturday at the Aroma Cigar Room where we threw a surprise father to-be party for one of our BOTL. A good 25 family and friends showed up and as we smoke cigars all day, eat breakfast and lunch and enjoyed some top shelf whiskeys. Yesterday, after going shopping with Beth, we had our sponsored Cadet and his Cadet girlfriend over for the day. We enjoyed a couple of different pizzas from Leo's in Cornwall and relaxed watching college basketball and some NASCAR racing. Congrats to Ross Chastain for grabbing the checkered flag and for his first NASCAR Cup Series win. Enjoy your week everyone and remember to be safe out there.......
Old 03-29-2022, 03:51 AM   #4053
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's a little chilly outside as we speak. The current temperature is 23°F with a windchill of 9°F according to NOAA. It will get sunny later on and the temps will get into the mid to upper 30s (hopefully):

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...4#.YkLU6B0pCi5

Hope you all have a great day and enjoy........
Old 03-30-2022, 03:59 AM   #4054
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". The NY Rangers beat the Pittsburgh Penguins last night 3 - 2, way to go fellas. Next game is tonight starting at 1930 (7:30 PM) against the Detroit Red Wings on the road. Lets Go Rangers! Anyway, enjoy everyone.....
Old 03-31-2022, 04:04 AM   #4055
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY tonight. Congrats to the NY Rangers on their overtime win last night versus the Red Wings with a final score of 5 - 4. The Rangers will be back home at the Madison Square Garden tomorrow evening taking on the NY Islanders starting at 1900 (7 PM). It's always a great match up taking on the neighboring team from Long Island. I hope you all have a great day and we see a few of the local S/BOTL this evening........
Old 04-01-2022, 04:07 AM   #4056
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good time at Aroma last night, a number of the regulars were out as well as a couple of old faces we haven't seen in a while. Tomorrow, a couple of us will be at Handsome Devil BBQ in Newburgh, NY to support a fundraiser for the local community:

https://www.facebook.com/handsomedev...9464267118460/

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/handsom...BFWzIzyRWaXBsc

I know that they'll have tasty BBQ to enjoy as well as a cold Newburgh Brewery beers and of course top shelf cigars to smoke. There will be friends in attendance that I haven't seen in a while which is always a pleasure. Sports wise this weekend, the NY Rangers are playing tonight and on Sunday; the MLB is still in Spring Training and the NASCAR drivers are in Richmond, VA this weekend. I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or........
Old 04-04-2022, 03:49 AM   #4057
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. We had a great time this past weekend starting with Friday as we hosted at our house a retirement party for two of our dear friends. There was roughly 20 of our friends enjoying tasty foods, adult drinks and lots of laughs and memories shared. Saturday's Cigar & Barbecue fundraiser was off the charts, the BBQ was mouth watering and the stogies were smoking all day. Yesterday, I started off by going to the New Windsor American Legion for the Spring breakfast and then Beth and I went to the Cornwall High School play that my Goddaughter was in and our nephew part of the music in the band. I hope all of you have a great week and enjoy a favorite or two throughout it........
Old 04-05-2022, 03:53 AM   #4058
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's looking like we'll be having rain on and off for the next 3 to 4 day according to NOAA:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...4#.YkwPnB0pCi6

I fully understand that we need the rain to replenish our reservoirs and all, but Opening Day for the Yankees vs. the Red Sox here in the Bronx is this Thursday and it's not looking good. Oh well, enjoy everyone and hopefully you get a cigar in before the rains come if you're in the Northeast and you want to smoke one outdoors.....
Old 04-06-2022, 03:57 AM   #4059
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 and it's "Hump Day" already. Congrats to the NY Rangers on their win last night over the NJ Devils with a final score of 3 -1. They'll be back at it tomorrow evening against the Pittsburgh Penguins with a start time of 1900 (7 PM). I hope you all have a great day and enjoy.......
Old 04-07-2022, 03:46 AM   #4060
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY tonight. They'll have the NY Rangers hockey game on as well as the season opener baseball game for the NY Mets vs. Washington Nationals. The Yankees opener against the Red Sox got rescheduled until tomorrow as the weather guessers are predicting high winds and lots of rain today. Anyway, enjoy everyone and we hope to see a few of the local S/BOTL this evening.......