Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough
Default Headed to Baton Rouge

I know this is last minute and all, but...

This Wednesday night I am making the trip down (driving) from DC with a buddy to Baton Rouge. We are bowling in the USBC tournament this Thursday and Friday. Then we are gonna head back on Saturday morning...a lot of driving in just a couple days

So, I am just hitting up the site to see if anyone lives in or around Baton Rouge that knows of a good place to go to for drinks and smokes? Thursday night we want to keep it a little low key as we will be arriving around 2 in the afternoon to grab a little shut eye and then bowl at 8, so a nice cigar bar or something would work after we finish up. Do they allow smoking in bars in Louisiana?

Then, in your opinion, would it be better to stay a second night and go out in Baton Rouge to party, or should we make the hour trip to New Orleans for the night?

Also, if anyone is in the area, we could possibly (would have to check with my friend) meet up someplace for a smoke.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
boonedoggle
The Search is ON

First Name: Jimmy
Trading: (19)
RA AirForce (Active)
boonedoggle will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Headed to Baton Rouge

Hey man. I am actually from that area, but haven't been in years. Funny, I'm making that same trip you are gonna make in a few weeks...well, from Falls Church anyways! ha!

To your question, I went to a huge cigar store last time I was there, called Don Juan, I believe. I met up with a few bro's and we smoked inside. Not sure if the smoking laws in bars are as laxed as in VA, but maybe someone else will know!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Headed to Baton Rouge

Thanks Jimmy! I'll let you know how the drive goes and if there are any points to avoid on the way

I searched through the forums here and found another Baton Rouge thread...looks like Don Juan is a good place to hit up.