Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #11
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (40)
AlohaStyle will become famous soon enough
Default Re: college major, advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvilchez View Post
Devan, with a poli sci degree I know of one place for sure you can get into and with your prior military experience it would be a plus...State Department.

Check out their career fields they have. I've worked breifly at many embassies and the Regional Security Officer (RSO) is one who needs a degree in whatever field but play along the border of politics and national security and the embassy. Good pay and benefits.

But again like many others stated, besides making money, think of something you would have fun working at/in. If not then a job is just a job and you'll find yourself switching careers for something else.

Good info to share... something not everyone knows about.

Along the same lines, I know someone who is a US Gov't Courier with the State Dept... I believe it's the State Dept. If you like to travel, it's a great job. But if you want to stay "home" close to family, stay far away. Basically it's the courier's job to deliver/monitor sensitive packages around the world. Could be shipments too in cargo planes etc. The guy I know got the job a few years ago and started being based in Germany, now lives just north of Bangkok.
AlohaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote