Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 02-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
ysr_racer

Default Cataract Surgery Part II

In late August of last year I had cataract surgery on my right eye. I was blown away by the results http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57704& .

For the first time in years I could see again. Not to mention I could drive at night (without glasses)

Well, last Thursday I had the left eye done. Talk about a difference. My right eye was sore for a week, and I had to wear dark glasses for three weeks (even indoors and at night).

Left eye? No pain, and no dark glasses the next day. I've donated all my prescription glasses to the Lions Club, and got a cheap pair of readers from the local drug store.

A slightly different procedure for my left eye. This time I have to put in eye drops for a month. With my right one I was part of a study where they injected the medicine into my eye, and no post-op drops were needed.

It's great to be able to see again, and man, my wife is a dish !!

The only downside is no shooting or smoking for four weeks.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
iaMkcK
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jarrett
Trading: (8)
HUpmann
iaMkcK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cataract Surgery Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
In late August of last year I had cataract surgery on my right eye. I was blown away by the results http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57704& .

For the first time in years I could see again. Not to mention I could drive at night (without glasses)

Well, last Thursday I had the left eye done. Talk about a difference. My right eye was sore for a week, and I had to wear dark glasses for three weeks (even indoors and at night).

Left eye? No pain, and no dark glasses the next day. I've donated all my prescription glasses to the Lions Club, and got a cheap pair of readers from the local drug store.

A slightly different procedure for my left eye. This time I have to put in eye drops for a month. With my right one I was part of a study where they injected the medicine into my eye, and no post-op drops were needed.

It's great to be able to see again, and man, my wife is a dish !!

The only downside is no shooting or smoking for four weeks.
I want to get the surgery done.. Alas, I'm still far too spooked about the downsides.. There are legions of people who lost all ability to drive at night, and their QOL went to zero quick. Some people even committed suicide from it [I remember reading about a police officer who offed himself too]. I'm glad that everything worked out for you man, I would have been SOOOO scared going in to it!! Haha
Old 02-10-2013, 02:45 AM   #3
bvilchez
En búsqueda.....

First Name: Bolivar aka Jay
Trading: (76)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
bvilchez has disabled reputation

Any pictures?
bvilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:07 AM   #4
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

Trading: (0)
HUpmann
qwerty1500 will become famous soon enough

I had both eyes done over a year ago. I needed glasses since I was a little boy and was VERY nearsighted. Now, 20-25 in one and 20-30 in the other. Amazing isn't it?
qwerty1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #5
ysr_racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaMkcK View Post
I want to get the surgery done.. Alas, I'm still far too spooked about the downsides.. There are legions of people who lost all ability to drive at night, and their QOL went to zero quick. Some people even committed suicide from it [I remember reading about a police officer who offed himself too]. I'm glad that everything worked out for you man, I would have been SOOOO scared going in to it!! Haha
I guess there are risks with all surgeries, but this one is relatively common these days, and Dr. Feinerman is one of the best in the country.

As far as "legions of people who lost all ability to drive at night, and their QOL went to zero quick" they only do one eye at a time, so I kinda doubt that.

As I said, I went in Thursday, and was fine on Friday. The rewards outweigh the risks BY A TON.

The surgery is quick, painless, and you'll have no memory of it.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #6
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Due to have it done on the 10th of April. @Jarrett: You talking about Lasik? I would think cataract surgery is barely optional: w/o it you're blind!