Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 08-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice
Default Graycliff 1666 Toro

I'm not sure why I waited so long to try one of these, probably the incredibly cheesy band. But, I was gifted this stick and won a Presidente on cbid, so I figured it was time.

Humidor time: 1 week

Prelight: The maduro wrapper looks good, slightly veiny. Draw is moderate, with hints of coffee.

Burn: The burn was straight, a little wavy in spots.. Ash was nice and solid. Draw was moderate, and the burn time was about 85 minutes.

Flavor: This cigar had the typical sweet maduro flavor, with hints of nut and coffee. Not much spice, but decent flavor.

Summary: I don't ever see myself buying a box of these at CI's prices, much less MSRP, but it was a decent cigar. I'd probably snap up a 5er of these on cbid.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
kenstogie
following the whiterabbit

Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
kenstogie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Graycliff 1666 Toro

Cool thanks for the review. I always wondered about these. I've had other Graycliffs that were great.
kenstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

I like these a lot. You can get the flight samplers pretty cheap off of make an offer. I get occasional wierd construction issues, but the flavors are always good.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:22 AM   #4
Barteur
Golf is life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (18)
Cohiba
Barteur will become famous soon enough

These are good sticks I enjoy them,

Cig.com have them in special 80% off today. I just bought some. Thought I would let you know.

I am not linked in any way with C. com just wanted you guys to benefit from, what it seems to be a great deal.

Frenchie
Old 08-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I just picked up 20 of these from CigarIntl for $ 75.00, did a split with a buddy of mine. With shipping, it comes out to $ 4.10 a stick...not too bad!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote