Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 07:07 PM   #1041
amyelizabeth

Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Nice pics Brad! It is great to have a significant other that lets you play with guns/knives, etc.
Let him play with guns, knives, et cetera? Hell, I join in on the fun!

Old 09-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #1042
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyelizabeth View Post
Let him play with guns, knives, et cetera? Hell, I join in on the fun!
You are an outstainding woman!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #1043
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
Im currently using a cheap uncle mikes IWB holster. It works well for the price with my G27. I ave also looked into the Ross holsters but I really dont want to have to buy bigger pants lol. Carrying w/oa holster just wont fly for me. I am a 21 year old male with long curly hair and a beard. If anyone so happens to catch a peek Im positive the police will be called. I have seen the Milt Sparks but IMO it just isnt i the budget I would rather pool my money and put it towards another gun. What i have now is very comfortable the only thing is the glock is on the heavy side. But im sure ill get used to it.
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/IW...%2cProductName
lots of different options. I recommend the horsehide. Handles sweat better.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #1044
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

btw, Mark, I have seen this guys stuff. Local to my area. Nice guy. Very well done, and damn near giving it away.
this would work well for you and an LCP
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/RoughOut.htm
Old 09-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #1045
Starchild
SERENITY NOW!

First Name: Andre
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
Starchild will become famous soon enough

Though I generally carry my Keltec P3AT, when I do carry my G26, I've got a blackhawk IWB holster that's pretty comfortable at 1 or 4:00.

I do need to invest in a good belt.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #1046
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

has anyone fired the H & K P2000? I will be qualifying on this and was wondering if anyone has any feedback on it.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:44 AM   #1047
dogface_313

Nice brad. I want a Springfield very badly, but just can't seem to get myself to pull the trigger on it(wow bad pun).

Old 09-19-2009, 07:52 AM   #1048
coastietech

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
has anyone fired the H & K P2000? I will be qualifying on this and was wondering if anyone has any feedback on it.
I've fired one on a couple of occasions... They are well made guns and will go bang every time you pull the trigger. That's about all that I can say about it.

IMHO I think the trigger leaves something to be desired. I guess I just expect more for a $650+ firearm.

They are good guns and I don't think you'll have any problems with it. It just may take some getting used to but that's the same with any firearm.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #1049
coastietech

Brad very nice EBR...

This was my EBR before it got sold to help pay for my divorce.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:23 AM   #1050
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastietech View Post
I've fired one on a couple of occasions... They are well made guns and will go bang every time you pull the trigger. That's about all that I can say about it.

IMHO I think the trigger leaves something to be desired. I guess I just expect more for a $650+ firearm.

They are good guns and I don't think you'll have any problems with it. It just may take some getting used to but that's the same with any firearm.

Ive only fired two guns in my life- a civil war musket and civil war sharps carbine. Hopefully the gun is smooth with little kick back and easy to operate.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #1051
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
I don't like Americans owning AK-47's. Too many of my friends have died by that weapon, not to mention A LOT of other American Troops.

[/soap box]
Do you have the same feeling about SKS's?
Old 09-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #1052
BamBam
Just Pipin'

Trading: (37)
Montecristo
BamBam will become famous soon enoughBamBam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
I don't like Americans owning AK-47's. Too many of my friends have died by that weapon, not to mention A LOT of other American Troops.

[/soap box]
The person behind the gun did the killing, not the gun.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #1053
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. For instance i LOVE my glock while 1911 guys look down on them calling them Tupperware guns because the frame isnt milled out of a solid block of steel.

To each their own. Also if I bough a 1911 I would get a shadow box and put it display since that's all they are good for.

"Guns dont kill people. People kill people."
Old 09-19-2009, 03:28 PM   #1054
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough

My Beretta 96G, My Carry, My Love! Trinium Night Sites, Hogue Tactical Grips.
This pistol shoots better than anything I have played around with. Only thing I am thinking about replacing it with is the Sig P220 Equinox

Old 09-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #1055
coastietech

Quote:

Guns kill people the same way that spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat...

Old 09-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #1056
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

LGC

Quote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. For instance i LOVE my glock while 1911 guys look down on them calling them Tupperware guns because the frame isnt milled out of a solid block of steel.

To each their own. Also if I bough a 1911 I would get a shadow box and put it display since that's all they are good for.

Ask how many "upgrades" they have done to their beautiful pistol. Then ask "what ammo makes it malfunction" then ask them how fast they can clear a stovepipe or failure"

Then you can mostly say..... Huh... never had to do any of those to my Tupperware pistol.

That being said, I like 1911s. They are kind of retro-cool but the world has marched on in design and innovative styles and materials.

I still want one. But something to carry? I would take the G. Higher percentages of going bang, lighter... I don't care about ugly when I need to be a Sheepdog for real.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #1057
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

Converted this former gun hating hippie to a gun lover in one afternoon. After a couple hours shooting both rifles and pistols she's now a fan and can't wait to go back. Score one for the team!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #1058
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
I guess its only fair to contribute a picture of my buddy. Glock 27 sporting some Winchester PDX1 180GR.

Love my 27.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #1059
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
OK, I don't know what your laws are in FL, but here in OH, you have to CCW with a holster.
Florida doesn't have that stipulation, but I am close to Georgia and they do. So when I carry in Georgia I make sure it's in a holster.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #1060
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastietech View Post
Brad very nice EBR...

This was my EBR before it got sold to help pay for my divorce.
]
Cute kid and nice gun, sorry to hear about the divorce. was the rifle complete DPMS?
Closed Thread