Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
the jiggler
¡taste my pirate paddy!

First Name: Craig
Trading: (24)
the jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura about
Default Are BOTL's the best kind of people or what?

Just had to share this with you guys because no one in my house will/can appreciate it or care....

Short story: Took a shot on a totally blind trade, BOTL's are the greatest, God is good, I'm blessed. Scroll down.

Long story: I was lurking in the want ads on another website (OH) to see what some people were trying to charge for HTF NC's. I've only ever really been active buying/selling on CA (with the exception of buying some Johnny O's) and never had a bad experience here so reading about some of the stuff goes on is foreign and interesting to say the least.

In the ISO section I happened to notice a guy who was looking for Secret Sauce so I sent him an email and said I didn't know where he lived but I thought a local B&M here in Charlotte had some, gave him the number of the shop and said maybe he could call them. Have a nice day...

He sent back that he lived in PA but would be interested if they had some. So I said I would check it out and stopped by the next day. They had two ($16.95) each so I snapped a pic, emailed it to him and waited for 15 minutes. Didn't hear back from him so I left. Later that day he emailed me and said he wanted them and would poopal me the money or he would trade. Said he had some HTF ISOMS and and a recently acquired box of Tat 2003 conoju wet packs, which I had never heard of but after a little googling looked interesting.

I called the shop asked them to hold them for me and went back over there the next day to pick them up. When I got home I sent another email and asked if he wanted to just send me the money of if he wanted to trade. I told him I would send out the sticks with a few bodyguards and he could send me whatever he thought was fair, money or sticks. He replied he'd like to trade and asked me for my addy.

I sent five sticks, the two secret sauce and three decent middle of the road NCs, with a note, thinking how nice of guy I was. Pride cometh before the fall...

This other website is like the wild west compared to CA so I had low expectations and figured worst case scenario I would be out $40 or so. Didn't know the guy and only saw later that MUNKY had left positive feedback after a trade...

He shipped his end same day as mine. Here's what showed up today:

A UF-13, a Unicorn and three ISOM's

A flippin fiver of the Tat wet packs

Four of one of my favorite sticks on the planet and another ISOM

Blown freekin away. I know I know, pearls before swine...

Not in any way saying what I did was special, I'd do it for anybody. But I had to share this tale of generosity with you guys because I know you'll get it. As far as blessings go, God was very kind to me today.

Mike A. from Pipersville PA you are a prince. (He's not on CA is he? I searched but couldn't find him...)
Old 04-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

First Name: Michael
Trading: (28)
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Are BOTL's the best kind of people or what?

Thats awesome bro. Great to hear good stories like that
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #3
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Mike gets it.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #4
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

Mike does get it and you're right Craig only us, could appreciate something like this. to you and Mike.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #5
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Yep, you got "MUNKY SPANKED"
Old 04-02-2014, 04:17 PM   #6
Heavy_d
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derek
Trading: (1)
Heavy_d will become famous soon enough

Nice. This is what I love about the cigar community. For the most part it's a bunch of great guys. You get the occasional bad apple, but that happens anywhere.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #7
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Pure awesomeness!
Old 04-02-2014, 05:31 PM   #8
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Jason
Trading: (59)
big_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to behold

Nothing like the brotherhood. I have met a lot of great people because i smoke cigars and i know i will meet more.

Tell your trading partner, well done from me Craig.

.....and yes you did get the sh!t slapped out of you

big_jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #9
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Craig got the snot knocked outta him. Way to go Mike!!
Old 04-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #10
JenksAnejo
Thunder Up

First Name: Jarrod
Trading: (51)
Partagas
JenksAnejo has a spectacular aura aboutJenksAnejo has a spectacular aura about

Does NOT get any better than BOTLs. It's unlike any other group of guys I've been around.
JenksAnejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #11
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

To answer your question: Yes!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #12
the jiggler
¡taste my pirate paddy!

the jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura about

Thanks fellas. Appreciate you being around to enjoy this with me. Locally they just smile and say, "that's nice."
Old 04-03-2014, 06:48 AM   #13
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Craig that is awesome, and I know 1st hand how awesome of a BOTL you are (butt kissing intended) Glad you got some love sent back your way

Now, I'm CURIOUS......NOT fishing, just curious, but what are your "favorite sticks on the planet" I don't recognize them.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:06 AM   #14
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Now, I'm CURIOUS......NOT fishing, just curious, but what are your "favorite sticks on the planet" I don't recognize them.
Esencia (made by the guy who owns Palio), quite tasty smokes
Old 04-03-2014, 07:25 AM   #15
the jiggler
¡taste my pirate paddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
Ben is on it. I found a couple when I first started a few years ago and loved them. I think they were from 2008. Then I couldn't find them anywhere. Finally found a few more in Charlottesville VA a few years back. I think they were out of production for a while but I saw some recently on a site called two guys. Not sure if they are back in current production or what. Just never seem to have the scratch lying around to pull the trigger on a whole box.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:12 AM   #16
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
To answer your question: Yes!
This
Old 04-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #17
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the jiggler View Post
Ben is on it. I found a couple when I first started a few years ago and loved them. I think they were from 2008. Then I couldn't find them anywhere. Finally found a few more in Charlottesville VA a few years back. I think they were out of production for a while but I saw some recently on a site called two guys. Not sure if they are back in current production or what. Just never seem to have the scratch lying around to pull the trigger on a whole box.
Thanks for the info guys
Old 04-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #18
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the jiggler View Post
cigarplace.biz has them, Craig. I think that's the only online retailer they have left. Cigarplace is an excellent outfit, too. I used to use them all the time. They even sell singles and the markup is very small.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #19
the jiggler
¡taste my pirate paddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
cigarplace.biz has them, Craig. I think that's the only online retailer they have left. Cigarplace is an excellent outfit, too. I used to use them all the time. They even sell singles and the markup is very small.
thanks brother!