Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-25-2008, 08:35 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Taboo factory value blend

This cheap budget smoke is a shortfiller with Dominican filler and an Ecuadorian sun grown wrapper. They go for about 1$ a stick on the Taboo website. The cigars are unbanded and wrapped in a plastic wrapper. The cigar that I smoked was a bit box pressed and had a wrapper which contained lots of veins and irregularities.

The aroma is sweet with hints of manure and the size is a corona, 159 mm long and a 45 ring gauge. The construction is good, neither soft nor hard spots noticeable. The cigar produces lots of smoke, the ash is frayed and the draw is just fine.

The first flavor I get is a sweetish kind of leather and that flavor is consistent throughout the cigar, nice but nothing special. Halfway I notice a slight burning sensation on the tip of my tongue, soon to be followed with the flavor of white pepper.

Would I buy this cigar again? Perhaps, it makes a nice snack cigar especially when you see the price of it.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
theonlybear4CORT
RIP Nick Montano

First Name: Mike
Trading: (14)
theonlybear4CORT has disabled reputation
Default Re: Taboo factory value blend

thank you for the review.
theonlybear4CORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Thanks, been meaning to try one of these.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

they make nice yardgars or even snackcigars, but you can't compare them to any of the other Taboo stuff, which is way better. But what can you expect for that kind of money anyway?
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #5
Biglizard1
LLG turned CAI

First Name: David
Trading: (8)
Montecristo
Biglizard1 is on a distinguished road

I enjoy these when I just dont want to light up a premium large RG gar, thanks for the review!
Biglizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
GWN
Snow City

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
GWN will become famous soon enoughGWN will become famous soon enough

Just received a bundle and somewhat perplexed by the sticker on the bottom that says the cigars include non-tobacco products. Now I'm wondering what's in them.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ferdie!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Makes A Nice Yard Gar! I've Smoked 2 Bundles!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #9
Tenor CS
Feeling Better!

First Name: Christian
Trading: (2)
Cohiba
Tenor CS will become famous soon enoughTenor CS will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWN View Post
Just received a bundle and somewhat perplexed by the sticker on the bottom that says the cigars include non-tobacco products. Now I'm wondering what's in them.
Obviously, Rob would be the man to answer this, but in my experience, when a cigar features that disclaimer, the non-tobacco products fall into a couple of categories:

• Chopped up paper to serve as a filler. The paper is usually dyed with "tobacco juice" to blend in, color-wise. The filler paper also aids in combustibility.
  • Various adhesives designed to help the short, chopped-up filler stuff hold together during the rolling process.

It's nothing too gross, don't worry.

Last edited by Tenor CS; 11-12-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Tenor CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #10
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenor CS View Post
  • Chopped up paper to serve as a filler. The paper is usually dyed with "tobacco juice" to blend in, color-wise. The filler paper also aids in combustibility.

I hope that's not the case with this cigar.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote