Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
bigloo
Crazy like a fox

First Name: Lu
Trading: (27)
Partagas
bigloo will become famous soon enough
Default Lighter Brands... discuss

So,

I was just venting in another thread and thought I would move it here. I recently purchased two new lighters to try out. When it comes to lighters, I try keep it below $20 for several reasons, not including the fact that they get lost, scuffed up and also that the most expensive lighter I ever bought lasted the shortest.

Anyway, I started looking at lighters all over the place, and I quickly noted that there are several brands that have identical lighters and very different prices. Some of the brand names I found to have what seem to be identical lighters include Blue Rhino, Nibo, Tiger, Jobon, Jetline, Visol and even Vector!. For instance, I have this very lighter below but it is a tiger, here are the Visol and Blue Rhino versions.

http://www.elighters.com/vlr-200201.html

http://humidorswholesaler.com/products.php/item_id/2765

All in all I found almost no unique lighters. My question is does anyone know if the actual quality is the same. If so, I found $30 lighters for $7 on ebay. If everything besides packaging are the same, there are bargains to be had for those willing to buy lesser brand lighters. I have a Jobon and Jetline lighter on the way, I will be happy to report back on their quality. I think with the price some of these can be had on ebay, these could revival the Ronson... dare I say more

Lu
bigloo is offline   Reply With Quote