Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 05-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #21
SilverFox

Default Re: Xikar Travel Humi Reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2Advnture View Post
All travel humidors vacuum shut during flight due to the altitude (mine also did it when I drove from Denver up skiing).

The larger units have a pressure release knob on the front (just make sure to keep the valve closed all the time, especially prior to travel).

The smaller ones have a small notch on the front to pry open with a coin

I hope this helps

~Mark

ps - the Xikar models have a hole in the lid foam that accommodates a Puck-ifier 100 perfectly where as the Cigar Caddy does not
Listen to the man he knows from which he speaks.

Oh and 100% my vote on the Xikar, have 2 the small and a thirty count. Wish I had a big one, oh well someday. This is the best box by far, I love it as I tend to forget to unpack my sticks after going out for days and with the humidification in it I never have any issues, I have dropped it on concrete, I have dropped it off a boat. Impact proof waterproof and floats. Now if it was only mooch proof
Old 05-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #22
colimo
friend of Brother Maynard

First Name: doug
Trading: (41)
PL
colimo will become famous soon enough

i just recently got a 30ct cigar caddy which is similar to the xikar...it has the pressure release valve on it....so far i like it....
Old 05-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #23
RonC

Quote:
Originally Posted by colimo View Post
i just recently got a 30ct cigar caddy which is similar to the xikar...it has the pressure release valve on it....so far i like it....
actually, the 30 ct Cigar Caddy, the 30-50 ct Xikar, and the 30-50 Extreme travel humidors are all the same case that is Manufactured by S3 Case. S3 is the parent company of Extreme. again, 3 different brands using the same case.

Cigar Caddy is more honest in their advertising on capacity, while the other companies have stretched the capacity claims a little bit. (just like cheap desktop manufacturers)

Cigar Caddy has chosen Boveda for humidification on their 30 stick Caddy, the others have chosen the round, foam humidifier.

Cigar Caddy has chosen not to offer a 50 stick Caddy, but you can get that size from X-Treme or Xikar. Both offer the round foam humidifier. Also, the Xikar is manufactured by Extreme, so both are the same cases. capacity is claimed at 50-80, but I call it 50.

I got a heck of a deal going on the 50-80 extreme if anybody is interested.

Last but not least, the 2,5,10, and 15 Caddy is still manufactured by Otterbox. Otterbox/Cigar caddy make the best cases in the business. Nobody else makes the same quality cases, and Cigar Caddy is the only company that uses the Otterbox brand cases
Old 05-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #24
dubnick

I just ordered the 15 ct. Caddy/ Palio / Cigar stand combo the other day. Great Deal!!!

Can't wait to get it.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #25
ca21455
Working on Reality

First Name: John
Trading: (7)
Navy (Served With Honor)
ca21455 is on a distinguished road

If you are interested Famous has the 50 count Extreme for $60. Best price I have found.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/s...cfm/inum/25424
ca21455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #26
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

I have a 5 and a 15 Seth. No complaints on either from me. I've gotten much usage out of them in conditions less than savory. Boat, golf course, etc., and then for an aftenoon or night visit I defer to a nice leather case 3 finger.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote