Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 05-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
boom
Central Cali Cigar Crew

First Name: Troy
Trading: (107)
HdM
boom will become famous soon enoughboom will become famous soon enough
Default Vinotemp, Edgestar or Avanti... 28 bottler..

Well I am ready to make the plunge. Was wondering which is better for the price? Features? Any thoughts.... Please help me decide which way to go with the Hummi. Thanks in advance!
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
Mirrorlure7m
Twitter: @Mirrorlure7m

First Name: Joel
Trading: (9)
Mirrorlure7m is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vinotemp, Edgestar or Avanti... 28 bottler..

Well I have the Vinotemp VT28 model and love it. I am going to need another one since mine is completely full. So I would like to see what others comments are here on this post.
Mirrorlure7m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
PV1191
Chicken!the other wrapper

First Name: Tommy
Trading: (0)
RyJ
PV1191 is on a distinguished road

I have one VT 28 with 6 drawers top to bottom. It's been running for about a year now with no issues. I have a second being held for me by another BOTL. I just have to find time to make the drive and pick it up. I think VT stopped making the older model that Target used to carry. The new one looks pretty much the same but the list price is nearly double.
PV1191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

If I were to buy one, I'd go with a thermoelectric Vino. They get rave reviews and are built to last.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
Prospector
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Mike
Trading: (11)
Prospector will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla695 View Post
If I were to buy one, I'd go with a thermoelectric Vino. They get rave reviews and are built to last.
The thermoelectric Vino is hard to beat.

This brings up another good point. Make sure whatever you get is thermoelectric rather than compressor driven. In the compressor driven units the cooling element gets much colder than in the thermoelectric units resulting in way more moisture being condensed out of the air, making it much harder to regulate RH.

Not too long ago Vino had a great deal on the 28 bottle unit - $199 with free shipping. Some others here have since tried contacting them to see if they ever plan to repeat this offer. You might check that out further.
Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
RJK18
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Rob
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
RJK18 is on a distinguished road

I sent Alvin a PM this evening, to ask about another offer. Will post if I get an answer.
RJK18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
RJK18
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Rob
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
RJK18 is on a distinguished road

Responce I recieved from VT:

"Hi Rob, Thanks so much for your interest in the Vinotemp coolers. I have let our marketing department know about the overwhelming positive response we received from Cigar Asylum members from our offer on the 28TEDS. I know that they are planning on running offers with this forum again, but since that particular 28TEDS offer was such a price cut for us I would doubt that that particular offer will be run too often. It may well be run again, but the marketing department hasn't let us know when. If you want to not miss the other offers Vinotemp runs, you can sign up for our email newsletter/offers on www.vinotemp.com. We frequently run Free Shipping or discounts on the wine coolers. However, again, I can't say when or what offers are coming up next for Cigar Asylum. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thank you again,

Alvin "
RJK18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #8
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospector View Post
The thermoelectric Vino is hard to beat.

This brings up another good point. Make sure whatever you get is thermoelectric rather than compressor driven. In the compressor driven units the cooling element gets much colder than in the thermoelectric units resulting in way more moisture being condensed out of the air, making it much harder to regulate RH.

Not too long ago Vino had a great deal on the 28 bottle unit - $199 with free shipping. Some others here have since tried contacting them to see if they ever plan to repeat this offer. You might check that out further.
Not necesarily disagreeing with you, cause I have a vino myself. But Scott Shilala has a frigidaire wine cooler with a compressor and has never had any problems with it either. Actually if I aint terribly mistaken he has two of them.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation

This looks good
Old 05-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #10
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
If I aint mistaken that is the very one that Scott Shilala has.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #11
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Just picked up the edgestar from a company on amazon. Didn't see they were in TX so I paid sales tax but even then it was the same price as that one at lowes and that includes the shipping for mine. Setting it up now and looks like a great thing. God knows with the house getting to 85 or more in the day I needed it badly.

If all else fails it looks like both the retailer and Edgestar have offices in Austin and I can drive up and pull a Discount Tire.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #12
boom
Central Cali Cigar Crew

HdM

Thanks for all the input so far, Just looking around for a Thermoelectric one other than a Vino, Trying to spend it to fill it not buy it
Old 05-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #13
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

I was in the right place at the right time and picked up the Vino VT28 that others have. I absolutely love it. I have 5 cedar shelves in it and I like being able to look at my cigars through the door without having to open it up. We have a room in our basement that keeps a constant 60* so I have yet to turn it on for more than a few minutes. By far the best 55 dollars I have ever spent.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #14
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK18 View Post
Responce I recieved from VT:

"Hi Rob, Thanks so much for your interest in the Vinotemp coolers. I have let our marketing department know about the overwhelming positive response we received from Cigar Asylum members from our offer on the 28TEDS. I know that they are planning on running offers with this forum again, but since that particular 28TEDS offer was such a price cut for us I would doubt that that particular offer will be run too often. It may well be run again, but the marketing department hasn't let us know when. If you want to not miss the other offers Vinotemp runs, you can sign up for our email newsletter/offers on www.vinotemp.com. We frequently run Free Shipping or discounts on the wine coolers. However, again, I can't say when or what offers are coming up next for Cigar Asylum. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thank you again,

Alvin "
If he ever runs a special again, I'm jumping all over it!
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #15
boom
Central Cali Cigar Crew

HdM

I have a friend who has a Haier and wants me to have it. I'll be checking this out on Sunday. Lets hope for a thermoelectric one.....He described about a 28 to 35 bottler...
Old 05-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #16
boom
Central Cali Cigar Crew

HdM

Well it is not a thermo electric cooler.... Can it still be used??????