Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 12-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Salvador 250 Count Brazilian Rosewood Cigar Humidor

For Christmas this year my family decided to surprise me with this lovely humidor.

As you can see I filled it immediately (edit-I filled it after curing it first) but it's a great humidor. They even threw in a digital hygrometer for free and it's not a cheap one either and after calibrating it, it was spot on. Temp and Humidity are holding with Rh hanging at 62 - 64%. I love the look of it and have really wanted a humidor for my NC collection. Now I just need about 3 more to completely move my NC's out of the cooledor

Seriously I won't be getting rid of the cooledor but it's just nice to have some in a humidor. It looks nice to me.

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_PHUM-SLVDR.html

Last edited by bruceolee; 12-30-2013 at 11:30 AM.
bruceolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (59)
big_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Salvador 250 Count Brazilian Rosewood Cigar Humidor

good looking box

and smart of you to post a picture of it FILLED!
big_jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

Beautiful looking humidor.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

That's a good looking humi Jason!
MrClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

What's funny is they gave me the humidor and the whole time I was obsessing on how great the digital hygrometer was. Sort of like buying a toy for the cat and all they want to do is play with the box.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful humidor, Jason.
I love simple, classic stuff. Rosewood is gorgeous. Brazilian cherry is also one of my very favorites when it's quartersawn.
If you've never seen Brazilian rosewood burl, you'd love it.
Both woods have that deep red and it's just the right hardness that it takes tools very well.
It looks great against brass, but even more amazing against silver.
I've built a gazillion desktops and don't even own one. It never occurred to me to make a low and flat one like that, and I love it. Built from rosewood burl, it'd be insanely gorgeous.
Thanks for the inspiration, brother!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #7
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Beautiful humidor, Jason.
I love simple, classic stuff. Rosewood is gorgeous. Brazilian cherry is also one of my very favorites when it's quartersawn.
If you've never seen Brazilian rosewood burl, you'd love it.
Both woods have that deep red and it's just the right hardness that it takes tools very well.
It looks great against brass, but even more amazing against silver.
I've built a gazillion desktops and don't even own one. It never occurred to me to make a low and flat one like that, and I love it. Built from rosewood burl, it'd be insanely gorgeous.
Thanks for the inspiration, brother!!!
Yeah i REALLY am digging how low and flat it is. It's really an eye catcher. I know the cost of materials is a lot but you should definitely build yourself one. I'd love to see that and hell if I like it i would pay you to build me one. Build your dream humidor and show it off and I'll guarantee you'll get hundreds of requests for you to build them their own.

I think we'd all love to see what your dream humidor would look like.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

My dream humidor is all Victorian swirlidoos and corinthian columns on the corners.
I'll have to use 8/4 cherry to get all the depth I want, and it's going to weigh about a hundred pounds.
I want to stain it almost black, that deep a red, and throw about 20 layers of satin poly on it.
Open it up and a fan comes up with slots for individual cigars, 3 rows in a fan. Then storage beneath via drawers from the front. Maybe the drawers, haven't decided.
That's the desktop.
The humi I'm most interested in building is a variation on this...

I haven't decided if I want it to be cooled. I really don't want it to be, honestly.
That Siglo has a crazy amount of dead space, and I don't want that at all. I'm thinking more of a vertical armoire with cabriole legs. Fancy cabriole legs.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Sweet Humidor
Old 12-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Beautiful, Jason!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote