Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 07-04-2011, 04:45 AM   #2001
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

fckkkk pulled my back out yesterday, it hurts so bad. And being that im on the road for work its not going to be able to recover properly till i get home, cuz lugging the suitcases around is part of the job. I would use it as an excuse why i cant exercise, but i don't do anything yet anyway lol
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:00 AM   #2002
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Went to a cookout last night. It was torture skipping out on the desserts that were out there. It would have been nothing at all for me to have eaten a cupcake or two, 3-4 cookies, and a piece of apple pie that was there, but I stood firm and only ate 2 burgers w/ mayo and a couple pieces of broccoli (note to self-it's MUCH better cooked with butter and cheese).
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #2003
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

I did pretty well out at my friends lake cottage. Just got back and jumped on the scale, 222.6. Don't know how that happened, although I did get a 2.5mil walk/run in this morning. I"m guessing all the playing in the water burned a few calories. Now back to the regime.

Congrats Scott on breaking the 200 barrier. Gotta be one of the greatest feelings.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #2004
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Bob.
I was down to 185 last year, but got mostly immobile because of my health and I ballooned to 223 again. I weighed 250 when I started.
I learned a LOT through that whole episode. The greatest thing was the change of mindset from "live to eat" to "eat to live". It's been very easy to get back on track.
Add to that that so many foods exasperate my neural sh1t, and eating has really gone from fun to pain in the ass. I have to look up everything I eat, and if I get too much potassium by mistake, I suffer immense body-wide pain 18 hours later. I suppose food is kinda my anabuse.
I see my doc in a couple weeks and I'll likely be set up with a dietician so I can develop a potassium-free crappy diet. That'll make not eating all that much easier.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:24 AM   #2005
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

on the road in ontario this week, just ate hotel breakfast and made the mistake of asking to see the packages AFTER i ate them, the "western omelette" and packaged sausages had 10-11 carbs in what i ate, so gotta be careful the rest of the day. Sticking to real breakfast from restaurants from now oN!
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #2006
guado
OCD cigar hoarder

Trading: (4)
Partagas
guado will become famous soon enoughguado will become famous soon enough

So my first vacation since losing weight...also my first time drinking beer too! LOL

I ran the first day(well did my best for 30 minutes with the ridiculous amount of grades and such by the house) also that same day did some 1063 stairs to the bottom of a gorge. Legs were burning so bad i was sore for the rest of the trip. Did lots of walking but no real cardio after that. Didnt go crazy on eating bad but I definitely wasnt a good boy! LOL Never had more than 2 beers in a night either.

Now I'm scared to check the scale. My pants are still falling off of me pretty bad so I dont feel to bad.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:34 AM   #2007
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Gained a couple of lbs over the holiday. A post-workout weigh-in shows me back down below my Sunday weight. A few more days and I should crack 250 in the right direction.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #2008
guado
OCD cigar hoarder

Partagas

only gained 1.5lb...man that makes me feel good! Had a 3 mile run at the gym today in 30 minutes...my personal best! Totally lifted my spirits.

I love this forum...cigars and exercise accountability! w000t
Old 07-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #2009
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

195.4 this morning. That leaves me about 10 pounds away from the 185 I was shooting for.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #2010
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Unofficial weigh-in this morning had me at 221.0. Guess all that yard work yesterday burned some calories. 1 more lb and "I'm free-falling".
Old 07-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #2011
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Day 5 of Power 90, cardio and abs. Even just after a few times, the routine is starting to get easier, so I"m increasing the pace a bit. Still behind the DVD, but catching up. Plus I made it through ~65 of the 100 different ab crunches. Shirt was soaked again when I finished up. It really does work up a good sweat.

Tomorrow should be a good day for weights, as my new utility bench arrives. Time to start sculpting the chest with different fly's and presses.

Halfway through the book I"m reading about overeating. Interesting facts from food industry insiders. Like how most processed food today is formulated to take on average ten chews to finish a bite, whereas 30+ years ago the average human took 25 chews to finish a bite of food. All of this in an effort to make you eat faster and eat more. Just another reason to shy away from processed foods and eat whole foods.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #2012
guado
OCD cigar hoarder

Partagas

weighed in this after noon after a meal and a workout(and plenty of water) and I came in at 211...a half pound lower than my previous low. I am so confused lol.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:14 AM   #2013
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by guado View Post
weighed in this after noon after a meal and a workout(and plenty of water) and I came in at 211...a half pound lower than my previous low. I am so confused lol.
Were you holding a bunch of helium filled balloons?

Just kidding. Could be the metabolism is running higher, converting what you eat into energy to fuel the fires at a quicker pace.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:23 AM   #2014
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Wow! Another on-the-run night at work, and I'm down to 251 this morning. I drank almost 2 qts of water on my breaks, and had fruit for lunch.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #2015
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Nice job Jeff. Keep it up. Seems like good news all around lately. That's very motivating.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #2016
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

197.0 today. I haven't been taking time to eat, so I had spaghetti and cake last night at around midnight when I couldn't sleep.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #2017
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Looks like a lot of good news all around, especially Scott breaking the 200 barrier. Congrats to all! I did like a few others in here and gained some weight over the holiday. I'm back up to 243, but I'm not sure that's an accurate weight b/c of the long drive home the day before. 12 hour drives cause me to swell up a bit and retain water, so I'm not recording it this week. Vacation is officially over, so it's back on track 100% this week.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #2018
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Got the new workout bench in today. Easy setup, maybe 30 minutes and part of that time was fumbling around for a decent wrench. Very sturdy bench, will help with the weigh training. Since I'm still technically starting out, I didn't push too much and only did a few extra sets after my normal program.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #2019
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Yes! 249.8 this morning!
Now to maintain on my night off...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #2020
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
Yes! 249.8 this morning!
Now to maintain on my night off...
Posted via Mobile Device
Nice!