Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #21
MiamiE
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Erick
Trading: (38)
RA
MiamiE will become famous soon enoughMiamiE will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bad day today!

I live in a community of townhouses. I hope they find something, but who knows.
MiamiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:18 AM   #22
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Sorry this happened to you!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:21 AM   #23
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

sorry to hear this, hope they catch the bastages
Old 09-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #24
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear this. Did you have your guns in a safe?
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #25
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear Erick! I hope they get them quickly!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #26
IBQTEE1
Crazy K

First Name: Kristin
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
IBQTEE1 has disabled reputation

Sorry to hear Erick.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #27
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Sorry, that sucks bad. Do you think it was related to the phone call or just bad timing?
Did you have a return phone number to give the police?
Old 09-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #28
Tbagley
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Tom
Trading: (0)
Tbagley is on a distinguished road

With no safe it makes it a heck of a lot easier for these snitheads. Amazed that they could figure out were you lived with only your cell number. In a townhouse complex it opens up the possibilty that one of your fine neighbors could be the thief as they could have been scoping you out for a while as they may have noticed you carrying your weapons in and out of the your unit.

Just glad they didn't get any of your smokes, as you posted elsewhere. That would have been the icing.

E, be extra careful...take care LastritesFSN

Last edited by Tbagley; 09-27-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Tbagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #29
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle View Post
Sorry to hear brother. Was it your home land line number that you gave, or a cell? I imagine a land line if you are thinking it could be the person you gave the number to, otherwise it would be really hard to get your address with a cell number. You should make sure to watch your local craigslist and ebay in the next month+!

I have done a lot of craigslist transactions and always meet at a public place like a mall or starbucks. There are too many thieves/crooks out there to invite them to your house. Last year... just 15 minutes from me, only a few blocks from my in-laws, a family guy posted his ex's diamond ring on craigslist only to have the "buyer" come to his house, tie up the family and shoot the guy in front of them taking off with the diamond and a few other things.

Beware with any private type of sale...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnake View Post
I can't even imagine how you feel. There are a few websites that will give you addresses even from a cell phone number. It is too coincidental but what can you do? Family is ok & everything else can be replaced. I think you see that even though you are angry.

I am sorry this happened to you. Pissed me off to hear it. When they find this guy you should have a large herf so your brothers can give him a visit.

It only costs about $30 to get an address online from a cell phone number. Be careful who you give that information to. I'm glad nobody was hurt. Sorry you lost so much property and likely peace of mind. I've had a house broken into a couple times. It can really leave you feeling violated.

Best advice is walk softly and carry a large caliber firearm. It's a slight variation of Teddy Roosevelt's famous quote, but it works. It's especially a good idea for the Mrs too. You might carry, but you're not always there to protect her.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #30
TonySmith
Feeling at Home

Trading: (1)
AirForce
TonySmith has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle View Post
Sorry to hear brother. Was it your home land line number that you gave, or a cell? I imagine a land line if you are thinking it could be the person you gave the number to, otherwise it would be really hard to get your address with a cell number. You should make sure to watch your local craigslist and ebay in the next month+!

I have done a lot of craigslist transactions and always meet at a public place like a mall or starbucks. There are too many thieves/crooks out there to invite them to your house. Last year... just 15 minutes from me, only a few blocks from my in-laws, a family guy posted his ex's diamond ring on craigslist only to have the "buyer" come to his house, tie up the family and shoot the guy in front of them taking off with the diamond and a few other things.

Beware with any private type of sale...
Sad state of affairs but this is what the world is coming to. Glad no one was home or hurt.

Hard lesson to learn, be very cautious with dealing with strangers.
TonySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #31
MiamiE
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Erick
Trading: (38)
RA
MiamiE will become famous soon enoughMiamiE will become famous soon enough

I am definitely going to be more careful in the future. I want to say this was because of the ad I posted but I also think it may have been coincidence. Who knows. I just want my guns back and off the streets! The good thing is the police are working hard since there were loaded firearms involved. Big mistake on my part and a lesson learned.
MiamiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #32
landhoney
Mr. Charisma

First Name: Seth
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about

Erick, very sorry to hear about this, hopefully the items will be recovered.
landhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #33
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

sorry this happened

hope there is resolution for you soon
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #34
WyGuy
Boiler Up!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
WyGuy will become famous soon enoughWyGuy will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear, hopefully those guns are recovered!
WyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #35
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

I despise thieves with a vengeance, and hope that they get a belly full of lead when (not if, I know better than to think that!) they break into someone else's home. And I understand why you want this resolved, too. If (and I'm not saying that you were) you were negligent in securing your firearms, and they get stolen, then you could be held liable in civil court for that if those guns end up being used in a crime, God forbid a homicide. Good luck!