Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-28-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
BillyCigars

Default Avo Limited Edition 2007

About 2 months back, Papajohn handed me an Avo Limited Edition 2007 (among some other amazing beauties) and I was completely bowled over by the cigar. Unfortunately, I didn't write up any kind of review for it.

Well, I really pined for this cigar when I realized that they were flat-out unavailable anymore . So just a couple of weeks back, Papajohn once again bestowed upon me another one of these fine specimens of a cigar!

So I thought I would jot down a few brief thoughts on the smoke:

Firstly, its almost perfectly constructed and has that wonderful stale-mildew type of pre-light aroma that Avos & Davidoffs seem to be signed with (great stuff!).

I found this cigar to be terribly complex. It struck an absolutely perfect balance between flavor and aroma. It really had a wonderfully rich & sweet undertone - almost like pecan pie but very subtle. Cedar and leather really came through on this cigar and I found it to have an interesting "smokiness" to it - similar to a crackling wood fire in the winter. It that really light Davidoffesque "herbal" quality to it. Naturally, the Avo began to deepen and develop as it progressed but it continued to become more and more complex.

This cigar is unbelievably sublime and I am saddened at the realization that these can't be found anywhere - unless you happen to find upon a private sale. This was really the cigar that got me to realize that you can't sleep on a solid Limited Edition - they need to be snapped up.

Truly, this is probably number 5 on my list of the best cigars I've ever smoked in the last 15 years. For comparison, the number 1 most amazing cigar that I have ever smoked was the 1984 Dunhill Estupendo gifted to me by VirtualSmitty back in 2006.

If you can even find an Avo LE 2007, do yourself the favor. Sit somewhere undisturbed, indoors if possible, and maybe with some soft music. Pay close attention to this beauty - it's all in the details with this one

Thanks again Papajohn!!

Last edited by BillyCigars; 01-28-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
Jay Hemingway
I know because of KRS1

Trading: (7)
LFdC
Jay Hemingway will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Avo Limited Edition 2007

AVO LE07's are excellent cigars for sure.
Jay Hemingway is offline   Reply With Quote