Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #21
Ismith75
Tin Cup Chalice

First Name: Ian
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Ismith75 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Day 4 Of Quitting Snuff...

I used to dip notoriously in college during finals. I would always chew on a cigar to try and keep my mind off it.
Ismith75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #22
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Man, I have been on Copenhagen for 20 some odd years, I quit for 6 months once using Bacc-Off...that stuff works pretty well. Good luck bro
Old 08-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #23
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Welp, it's Day 5. This thing has gotten progressively suckier every moment from the instant I quit. If I had a basket of kittens to stomp on, I'd feel WAY better.
On a positive note, it seems to be making an impact on my neural problems. I don't have any choice but to see this thing out, even if I go nuts.
Thanks to everyone for your support!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #24
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

Keep up the good work Scott. While it is not something I have any knowledge I know it can be hard to quit and I will be pulling for you.
Posted via Mobile Device
LostAbbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #25
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Keep up the good work Scott!!!

One day at a time!
Old 08-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #26
PCR
Maduro! Maduro? Maduro.

First Name: Paul
Trading: (6)
Montecristo
PCR will become famous soon enough

Day five here too Scott, I was thinking of you earlier today. Keep up the good fight, it's gonna get better. I know it's not easy. Go do something to take your mind away.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #27
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

hang in there Scott, wish i had the courage for doing it too.
G G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #28
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCR View Post
Day five here too Scott, I was thinking of you earlier today. Keep up the good fight, it's gonna get better. I know it's not easy. Go do something to take your mind away.
We have Family Day every Sunday, and the whole family says it's all downhill from here, Paul. Thank God, now I can quit stressing out.
The day is almost over and I'm chilling out, I hope you didn't have too bad a go of it today.
Tomorrow I'm gonna pray a lot more and whine a lot less. I figure if I quit focusing on it so hard it'll get a lot easier.
I'll be hangin with ya, brother. Stick in there!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #29
PCR
Maduro! Maduro? Maduro.

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
We have Family Day every Sunday, and the whole family says it's all downhill from here, Paul. Thank God, now I can quit stressing out.
The day is almost over and I'm chilling out, I hope you didn't have too bad a go of it today.
Tomorrow I'm gonna pray a lot more and whine a lot less. I figure if I quit focusing on it so hard it'll get a lot easier.
I'll be hangin with ya, brother. Stick in there!!!
That's the idea, don't focus on it. Good job Scott, we'll check in with each other tomorrow. +1 with lots of prayers. Hey, we're gonna beat this!
Old 08-27-2012, 05:57 AM   #30
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Good luck Scott, you are in my thoughts.

I remember the last time I tried chew.
I was snow boarding on Bear Mountain in Big Bear CA with a friend and we decided to be awesome and chew. It wasn't more than a couple runs before I was vomiting over the side of the chair lift. Good times. Never chewed again, I guess I should consider myself lucky.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #31
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

Best of luck Scott. Weather the the first month and it'll be lot easier. Try to stay away from any heavy dippers you know until you're past the stage of intense craving. After about a year you won't miss it. Sounds like you're doing everything right.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #32
PCR
Maduro! Maduro? Maduro.

Montecristo

Ok, day seven Scott. Let's fill the day with good and not even think of the stuff. Like it never existed.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #33
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

It's only day six, Paul, but if you want to move it up a day, I'm with ya!!!
This whole thing has been much less difficult today. I'm not half as mental as the last two days.
I had a Dr. appt today and she had all sorts of good stuff to tell me about quitting, none of which I remember. I have another Dr. appt tomorrow, I hope he has more stuff to add. At least all that will be out of the way.
Really, I'm surprised how calm I am today. I only got wound up twice so far and that didn't last long at all.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #34
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
This whole thing has been much less difficult today. I'm not half as mental as the last two days.
I had a Dr. appt today and she had all sorts of good stuff to tell me about quitting, none of which I remember. I have another Dr. appt tomorrow, I hope he has more stuff to add. At least all that will be out of the way.
Really, I'm surprised how calm I am today. I only got wound up twice so far and that didn't last long at all.
I can't imagine the insanity of quitting after so long, but glad it's getting easier, Scott! Keep it up, almost there.
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #35
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

I quit a few months ago. For me, it was more missing the action of chewing than actually having problems with a nicotine addiction. I tried chewing seeds, which seemed to help. Hope you can continue to go strong!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #36
PCR
Maduro! Maduro? Maduro.

Montecristo

Quote:
Oops, ok wrong day...
It would be great to hear what your Doc has to say. Seems as a few days go by this may be getting a little easier. Kind of like replacing one habit for another. Ok let's keep the good going here!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #37
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Day 8:
Meh. Some minutes I'm going nuts, others I could care less. If I could say anything specifically, it's all peaks and valleys.
I think this should smooth out in a week or so.
If I could have found a can of snuff in the house last night around midnight, I'd have caved.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #38
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Day 8:
Meh. Some minutes I'm going nuts, others I could care less. If I could say anything specifically, it's all peaks and valleys.
I think this should smooth out in a week or so.
If I could have found a can of snuff in the house last night around midnight, I'd have caved.
Keep at it bro....but remember "No one likes a quitter" I kid....I kid...stay strong!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #39
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

Trading: (13)
poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough

Stay strong bro! You're doing great!!

Bearded Dad Blog
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #40
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

I would not advise this because the drug is worse than the snuff, but my doctor had me on prednisone for a while. My blood pressure went so high when I chewed, I could feel it in my head. That was it for me!
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote