Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 05-17-2018, 08:31 AM   #1
Lowrider
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Lowrider is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vintage Colibri lighter - weird butane refill port??

Hello! Thanks for the interesting info on Colibri –*I've just inherited one from my great aunt. She died at 92 (still a smoker) and I'd love to get it going again. I've put a pic of it up which I hope you can see. Any clues on what adapter I need for it would be brilliant. I guess any butane gas would be OK. if you can see the pic the ridged screw is where the flint goes, not sure what the red cap is for and I assume the other one is where the gas goes... Anyway, any help very much appreciated:

https://goo.gl/9kgxht
Lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:20 AM   #2
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Vintage Colibri lighter - weird butane refill port??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
Hello! Thanks for the interesting info on Colibri –*I've just inherited one from my great aunt. She died at 92 (still a smoker) and I'd love to get it going again. I've put a pic of it up which I hope you can see. Any clues on what adapter I need for it would be brilliant. I guess any butane gas would be OK. if you can see the pic the ridged screw is where the flint goes, not sure what the red cap is for and I assume the other one is where the gas goes... Anyway, any help very much appreciated:

Most larger butane cans come with 6 or 8 adapter nozzles molded into the lid, best to pick up a can and just see which one fits best.

The red cap could be storage for spare flints.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote