Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #41
Darrell

Default Re: Chasidor Humidor Store and problem.

Someone should call the Better Business Bureau.

I like Chuck and sometimes **** happens and you can't mail something on time. A little communication goes a LONG way.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #42
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
Someone should call the Better Business Bureau.

I like Chuck and sometimes **** happens and you can't mail something on time. A little communication goes a LONG way.

http://www.bbb.org/akron/business-re...on-oh-90004732

Just saying.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #43
smll2
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
smll2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre3239 View Post
I was not going to post anything about this issue, but I am in the same boat. I placed an order in June of this year. Chuck and I wrote back and forth for measurements and details. I sent him an email in July and he replied that he was almost done, just needed to apply the last spray of clear coat. I have not heard from him since. I have sent numerous emails through his site and the email address I had from the start. I just wish he would contact his customers and either finish the jobs or refund the money. I will be sending him a certified letter in the mail. I hope it doesnt have to go any farther then this.

That's deplorable. I've posted regarding this on FOH, ICC (this evening) and here...and I will on the other CA. The word needs to get out to help the brothers....

Based on the feedback this is not an isolated problem and Chuck needs to reflect on his lack of action.

I was hoping early on that someone might know him well enough to alert him to this thread...not that I haven't tried LOL...to limit damage.

He needs to lose his ear muffs.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #44
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by smll2 View Post
That's deplorable. I've posted regarding this on FOH, ICC (this evening) and here...and I will on the other CA. The word needs to get out to help the brothers....

Based on the feedback this is not an isolated problem and Chuck needs to reflect on his lack of action.

I was hoping early on that someone might know him well enough to alert him to this thread...not that I haven't tried LOL...to limit damage.

He needs to lose his ear muffs.
There is a very similar thread on BOTL as well.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #45
smll2
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
smll2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes View Post
There is a very similar thread on BOTL as well.
I'm not a member on BOTL...which forum might I find the thread?

Thanks
Old 12-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #46
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Cohiba

not sure, I found it on a google search for chasidor

botl.org is the forum.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #47
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by smll2 View Post
I'm not a member on BOTL...which forum might I find the thread?

Thanks
I realize you have an axe to grind, but you should consider participating in this forum rather than continually chastizing a member who is apparently not used the forum in nearly 6 months. I understand you are upset about the situation, but nearly every post you have made on this forum has been complaining about Chasidor, including your introduction.

It seems others here are in the same situation as you, but continually posting how crappy you feel about the lack of communication after every other post will likely not get you any closer to a solution that you would like.

If your goal is to run Chas up a flag pole on every message board you can find, that is your choice, but you should really consider using this forum for what it is intended and not a sounding board to just post about how dissatisfied you are with a singular person. I think most of us got that point in post #1.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #48
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Yeah...I appreciate the dialogue you've opened up here Tom, but I think this thread is bordering lynch mob status.

Yeah, it sucks that Chuck is so far behind, but dang guys, we are talking about a brother here.

It's not like he's never going to send us what we ordered. It'll get here even if it took too long and he never communicated with us.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #49
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus2600 View Post
Yeah...I appreciate the dialogue you've opened up here Tom, but I think this thread is bordering lynch mob status.

Yeah, it sucks that Chuck is so far behind, but dang guys, we are talking about a brother here.

It's not like he's never going to send us what we ordered. It'll get here even if it took too long and he never communicated with us.
He has a good track record, but if he isn't talking to anyone, who is to say he isn't keeping his business open and just updating the site with new orders to make it appear hes busy, but on the otherside, just taking the money and running.

He had a good reputation for a while. That is all that is needed to start a scam. People trust a good reputation, even when bad things start to happen. I truly hope he is just behind on the work, but the possibility is still there that he will never get his order or his money back and Chasden may just be pocketing any money that comes his way.

(I don't know Chasden, just playing the devil's very mean advocate.)
Old 12-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #50
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

I hear what you're saying Derrick but the pocketing the money and keep working thing doesn't end well. I've seen knife makers do this and wind up sued within 1-2 years. There is no end game for running a business like that. You get found out and sued QUICKLY.

I can only imagine he is neck deep in work and didn't anticipate the huge volume. Thus he has kind of dug himself a hole. How he gets out of it, well that's up to him.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:37 PM   #51
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
I hear what you're saying Derrick but the pocketing the money and keep working thing doesn't end well. I've seen knife makers do this and wind up sued within 1-2 years. There is no end game for running a business like that. You get found out and sued QUICKLY.
You are correct. That is why I hope he is just behind on his work. After all, I do believe the OP has a case and could possibly file a claim in a small claims court over it. Not sure if it would be worth it, I have never filed anything and don't really know how the process works. Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
I can only imagine he is neck deep in work and didn't anticipate the huge volume. Thus he has kind of dug himself a hole. How he gets out of it, well that's up to him.
Well, the best way that I can think of would be to close down his orders page so nobody else can order until he catches up. Sure it doesn't sound like the best option, but it might be the smart option. All it takes is a few more threads like this on cigar boards and his reputation will be forever tarnished.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #52
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
Well, the best way that I can think of would be to close down his orders page so nobody else can order until he catches up. Sure it doesn't sound like the best option, but it might be the smart option. All it takes is a few more threads like this on cigar boards and his reputation will be forever tarnished.
I agree, he really needs to get a handle on his business before these threads migrate to all of the cigar forums out there and any one on them would definitely not order from him.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:52 AM   #53
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
I realize you have an axe to grind, but you should consider participating in this forum rather than continually chastizing a member who is apparently not used the forum in nearly 6 months. I understand you are upset about the situation, but nearly every post you have made on this forum has been complaining about Chasidor, including your introduction.

It seems others here are in the same situation as you, but continually posting how crappy you feel about the lack of communication after every other post will likely not get you any closer to a solution that you would like.

If your goal is to run Chas up a flag pole on every message board you can find, that is your choice, but you should really consider using this forum for what it is intended and not a sounding board to just post about how dissatisfied you are with a singular person. I think most of us got that point in post #1.
The point has definitely been made. No need to add any more, this is done here.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Closed Thread