Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-23-2017, 05:25 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default CLE Corojo 11/18

CLE, Christian Luis Eiroa. For those whom that name doesn’t ring a bell, Christian Eiroa and his father were the masterminds behind Camacho, a brand they bought in 1995 five years after the death of brand founder Simon Camacho and they build the brand up using the knowledge and experience they head as tobacco farmers for generations. In 2008 they sold the brand and the factory to Davidoff but they didn’t leave the tobacco industry since they kept the farms. A few years, in 2012, later Eiroa entered the cigar making part of the business again with a new factory, based in the old movie theatre of his grandfather in Danli, Honduras and he is doing it his own way. Tabacalera Unidas is the mother company with several cooperations like Wynwood (started as a cooperation with Robert Caldwell before he dropped out), Asylum Cigars with Tom Lazuka, EH Cigars with Edgar Hoill and of course his own Eiroa cigars.

When the company just started my then employer went on a trip to Florida with his family. One unsuspecting afternoon he calls me all excited and tells me “man, I was at the Island Smoke Shop on Key Largo and your buddy Bill (who worked there at the time) gave me this cigar, Asylum 13, its a $5 cigar but its amazing”. Now I never heard from that cigar so I made a few calls and got in touch with Tom Lazuka and Christian Eiroa. To cut a long story short, it didn’t take long before we started distributing Tabacaleras Unidas in The Netherlands. After the release of the Asylum 13 line, including the ogre, and the Schizo bundles we released the CLE Corojo. This cigar is a Honduran puro with the leaf that made Camacho and the Eiroa family famous. And it also came out in the unique 11/18 shape that Eiroa created for Camacho. It’s a 6 inch long parejo with a little thicker part (ring 54 instead of 50 at the foot and the head) in the middle, unique.

The wrapper of the cigar looks nice, milk chocolate colored, few thin veins, a beautiful triple cap and its mild oily. The band is simple yet stylish. a nice mat black with shiny silver lettering CLE Corojo and a red 2012. I feel a little soft spot near the head of the cigar, but I can only imagine how difficult it is to roll this uniquely shaped cigar. The aroma is strong and its a barnyard aroma, manure and horses. The cold draw after the flat cut is easy and I taste a cedar with raisin flavor with a peppery flavor on my lips.

After I lit the cigar with my soft flame, I’m smoking inside so I don’t need a jet flame, I taste a mildly sweet and bitter coffee flavor, slowly I taste more cedar with a little citrus tang with a little pepper. After an inch I taste some cedar and wood. After a third I also taste some chocolate and the citrus has grown in strength. Halfway a honey like sweetness shows up. The flavors are quite dry. The chocolate is still mildly around with some nutmeg and cinnamon.

The smoke is thick, white and plentiful. The draw is easy, maybe a little too easy but just a little. The ash is gray and a little frayed. The burn is good, no correction needed. The cigar is medium to full bodied and equally flavored. The smoke time is an hour and thirty minutes.

Would I buy this cigar again? I prefer the robusto.

Score: 90

direct link (including pics) https://cigarguideorg.wordpress.com/...e-corojo-1118/