Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Latest Flavor of the week

So I am sure most of you are like me and you have your regular rotation of sticks you smoke but lately I have been trying a good amount of new or I should say new to me smokes. A couple months ago I never paid much attention to Liga Privada but lately I find myself becoming an absolute Liga whore as I am really digging these smokes with the #9s just slightly beating out the T-52s. I am also really enjoying the LFD Air Benders as I am a long time Litto ho but lately I find myself only wanting to smoke Ligas.
So I am wondering who else has tried something new to them and just find themselves going nuts for that smoke every time it's time to kick back with one and what is it that has recently grabbed your attention?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:49 AM   #2
darkninja67

Default Re: Latest Flavor of the week

The JdN Dark Corojos grabbed my attention in a big way. Well constructed powerful cigar. Freaking love them.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:53 AM   #3
NeverEnoughStick

Fumadores by DPG. I picked these up on Holts weekly special. Being a college student the cheaper I can get them and the better they smoke is what I look for. But I have been rolling through the two boxes I ordered.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:56 AM   #4
issues
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tony
Trading: (8)
VR
issues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post
The JdN Dark Corojos grabbed my attention in a big way. Well constructed powerful cigar. Freaking love them.
I had a feeling you would!

I need to get a box of these as well. It is on my short list for my next purchases; as soon as I have room that is.

I can't really say anything for sure as far as the OP is concerned because I am doing my best to mix it up so I won't smoke up my stock of any one thing but if I wasn't doing so, I would probably say the El Triunfador #6. They are so tasty and I can smoke them back to back without issue.

Then again if I had a box of LP 9s they would probably be gone as fast as my last box was which only took about 6 weeks before I killed it.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
darkninja67

Quote:
Originally Posted by issues View Post
I had a feeling you would!

I need to get a box of these as well. It is on my short list for my next purchases; as soon as I have room that is.

I can't really say anything for sure as far as the OP is concerned because I am doing my best to mix it up so I won't smoke up my stock of any one thing but if I wasn't doing so, I would probably say the El Triunfador #6. They are so tasty and I can smoke them back to back without issue.

Then again if I had a box of LP 9s they would probably be gone as fast as my last box was which only took about 6 weeks before I killed it.
Huge fan of the regular Antanos since they are so cheap per box. Need some of those too.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #6
issues
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tony
Trading: (8)
VR
issues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Huge fan of the regular Antanos since they are so cheap per box. Need some of those too.
I still have almost a half a box of the Antano 1970s, very nice cheap stick.

The Dark Corojos aren't all that pricey either. You can pick up a box of Peligrosos for under $100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnoughStick View Post
Fumadores by DPG. I picked these up on Holts weekly special. Being a college student the cheaper I can get them and the better they smoke is what I look for. But I have been rolling through the two boxes I ordered.
I need to give these a try as well. I am always searching fo good cheap smokes.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #7
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

Well, a lot of the cigars I try are new to me, but my go-to cigar is either the Oliva V or the Tat Regios, but one has taken over as of late...the Man O' War.

I picked up a few in various samplers and absolutly LOVED them so I picked up a box and the Tats and Olivas have taken a back seat for a little bit.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:50 AM   #8
wolfandwhisky
Resident Whisky Addict

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
wolfandwhisky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
These have had a huge upswelling in popularity in the local group, it seems. Multiple people are talking about them - there was recently a JdN event and almost everyone bought a box of these things.

Two sticks that have recently grabbed my attention are the Fuente Hemingway Work of Art Maduro (WOAM) and the Liga Privada No 9.

I've only had one of each, and don't have any more. But both are worth buying again.
wolfandwhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #9
jitzy
Illusione Whore

Trading: (17)
Bolivar
jitzy is on a distinguished road

Not so much a new cigar but I do find myself going nuts for like a week or so only smoking specific brands, the last 5 days or so I was smoking nothing but Tats and the week before it was nothing but Liga's. I get a taste for certain cigars and go with them for a week or so.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #10
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitzy View Post
Not so much a new cigar but I do find myself going nuts for like a week or so only smoking specific brands, the last 5 days or so I was smoking nothing but Tats and the week before it was nothing but Liga's. I get a taste for certain cigars and go with them for a week or so.
I tend to do that too...maybe that's exactly what I'm doing now. I smoke something I like and then I just can't get enough of it for like a week or two. I just picked up some 601 Blues and LOVED those, so maybe that will be this weeks flavor.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
nomadicwookie
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (7)
nomadicwookie is on a distinguished road

Illusione 88. Picking up my first box tomorrow
nomadicwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #12
JJG
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JJG is on a distinguished road

Frank Llaneza 1961 Cuban Corona

I cannot STOP buying these!

I'm very picky and I can't remember the last time I got excited about any NC, but the flavor on these is just so rich and thick I can't get enough. I mostly smoke Cubans, but lately I've been smoking an equal number of Llanezas.

Last edited by JJG; 04-22-2010 at 06:37 PM.
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:51 PM   #13
nonameman
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
nonameman is on a distinguished road

Brick House Corona Larga - I've tried the Corona and Toro in this line. The flavors seem to stand out more in the Corona. Spicy cigar with cocoa and coffee notes. Need to buy a box soon.

New Havana Cigars House E.L. #1 - Bought a ten pack two years ago, but forgot about buying them until last month. Nice mouth watering cigars!
nonameman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #14
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I'm kinda odd in that I'll stick to just two or three kinds of cigars for awhile until I get one that really doesn't do it for me. Then I'll start on two or three other kinds and work on them for awhile till I get one that doesn't do it for me.
Right now I'm in the mode where I find what I'm gonna like for awhile.
I'm tiring of all my LGD stuff and tired of Padrons. I'll probably switch to Tampa Sweetehearts and Sancho Panzas and Esteban Carerras and stuff like that. I like real sweet mildish stuff in the summer, and I smoke tons of cigars.