Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #4281
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Anyway... I am off to check a few gun stores for my first ccw. I am specifically looking for the M&P .40 I was talking about earlier but will try and look at the walther post and possible some ruger options as well... I have two stores to che k so wish me luck!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #4282
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Good luck! The M&P is a great gun!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #4283
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAbbott View Post
Anyway... I am off to check a few gun stores for my first ccw. I am specifically looking for the M&P .40 I was talking about earlier but will try and look at the walther post and possible some ruger options as well... I have two stores to che k so wish me luck!
Posted via Mobile Device
Keep looking, you should be able to find it.
Like everything else, handgun sales have been HIGH... BUT you can find em. My store last week had quite a few fast selling guns in stock, like glock 17/19, M&P, etc. ... they didn't have EVERY model, but they had enough.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #4284
Islayphile
Wee Dram Hunter

First Name: Mike
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
Islayphile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
My buddy just picked one up after trying out the Walther and an FN.

He's happy with his choice
Old 01-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #4285
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

This will actually be my first firearm purchase. I have always been given or inherited all the other ones I have... I am pretty excited about getting something to carry. I try an be prepared for just about anything and I think this will be my last large item to cover then while out of the house... the preparedness must come from the eagle scout in me...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #4286
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
This will actually be my first firearm purchase. I have always been given or inherited all the other ones I have... I am pretty excited about getting something to carry. I try an be prepared for just about anything and I think this will be my last large item to cover then while out of the house... the preparedness must come from the eagle scout in me...
Posted via Mobile Device
also, .40 cal is less popular than 9mm, so most places that are out of M&P 9mm still have a few M&P .40's

I inherited a a few guns as well. I ended up keeping the ones I liked to shoot, or that had personal significance/meaning to me. The rest I sold to fund purchasing guns that better fit what I liked to shoot, or ones that had a purpose (like CCW)
Old 01-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #4287
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

first half of my pmags from DSG just arrived
Old 01-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #4288
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Got my E-lander steel 30rd magazines in.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #4289
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Untitled by emopunker2004, on Flickr

Untitled by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 01-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #4290
Robulous78

HURRAY PICTURES... lol

Nice looking mags Justin...

Old 01-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #4291
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Prices may be dropping a bit, but people are still buying like crazy...

A couple complete AR's popped up on slickguns this afternoon, priced at $1200-$1250, sold out in minutes.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #4292
jdakine
Sawadee

First Name: Jay
Trading: (34)
Partagas
jdakine has a spectacular aura aboutjdakine has a spectacular aura aboutjdakine has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
Prices may be dropping a bit, but people are still buying like crazy...

A couple complete AR's popped up on slickguns this afternoon, priced at $1200-$1250, sold out in minutes.
I was just told about $1,400.00 in the Islands or at least on Maui.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #4293
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdakine View Post
I was just told about $1,400.00 in the Islands or at least on Maui.
I can believe that... seems like everything is a bit more expensive on the islands.
Still, you could probably order one online for $1250, pay the extra shipping, and still come out ahead of the game.
Assuming of course you came across one in the 10 minutes they're in stock
Old 01-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #4294
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Just got an email from Floridagunexchange, they have 30rd PMags in stock
Old 01-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #4295
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw View Post
Just got an email from Floridagunexchange, they have 30rd PMags in stock
That's good, means that the non-windowed pmags on order form DSG should be in stock soon too.

And I do want to get my hands on those sooner rather than later... of all the legislation being "considered" that we know won't actually pass, I think a magazine capacity limit might be the thing most likely to actually stick.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #4296
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

And for anyone living in NY, I feel for you, my condolences

(reminder, keep a lid on the political commentary, I'm just offering my condolences to NY residents here, you be the judge what about )

Last edited by spectrrr; 01-14-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #4297
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Picked up a new toy today. Its been way to long to be without one.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #4298
Robulous78

What did ya get Larry?

Old 01-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #4299
Robulous78

If you were looking for a left handed AR-15 for sale, where would you start and what would you ballpark an entry model 5.56... ?

Old 01-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #4300
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Sig P250 in .45