Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice
Default Now THAT's service.

Short back story. 3 weeks ago, someone backed into my car while it was parked at the tire shop awaiting new tires:

Got the guy's insurance info, adjuster came out, yadda yadda. Scheduled the repair appointment at my trusted shop, Dale's Auto Body, but had to drive the car damaged like this until then.

two days later, I hear a ticking noise from the front of the engine, right under the valve cover. Sweet. Secondary timing chain is right there.

Drove it straight to my trusted auto mechanic, Automotive Electric. They pulled the valve cover, and sure enough, chain is starting to fail. Links were starting to come apart. I ordered a secondary chain with a master link, so they wouldn't have to remove the front cover (would've been another $1400 in labor).

While the LS was in for timing chain, I called to check on progress. I let the tech know when I had the body shop appointment, and was checking to make sure things were still on schedule, since the car was going to be finished the same day I was going to take the car to the body shop.

Fast forward to that day. I didn't get a call saying it was done, and it was getting into the afternoon. So I called to check. They delivered the car to the body shop for me. Also told me that the check engine light came on while driving over there, so they'd put it back on the scanner after Dale's (the body shop) was done.

Car was ready this morning at Dale's. They even had the invoice from the mechanic so I could just pay it there. I told them that Automotive Electric needed the car back to put back on the scanner, so the invoice might be incorrect. I got busy with a couple phone calls, then called the mechanic. Dale's delivered my car back to the mechanic for me. Turns out there was just a loose fuel injector connector. And Dale's was on the way to pick it back up for me, so they could take pictures and whatever else for the insurance.

Needless to say, I'm very impressed with the level of services both of the places provide. I go to people I can trust, and though they are never the least expensive, they do things like this that make my life easier.

Going to pick up the car in a bit, and finally be rid of the 2012 Toyota Corrola POS they gave me for a free rental.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Now THAT's service.

That is awesome service right there! Doesn't happen much these days
Old 06-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Jason
Trading: (59)
big_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to behold

thats one thing a lot of places lately forget about....CUSTOMER SERVICE. thats a great story
big_jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

I remember your original thread.
Out of curiosity, how did it go with the insurance?
Was it a total loss?
Old 06-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Insurance was a breeze, actually. The adjuster wanted to use a used part, my auto body shop flat out refused. HAD to be a factory part. But the insurance guy haggled with the body shop, and got the final bill down to $3300 or so. Which came in under the amount for a total loss.

So, I have my car back, repaired, and no salvage title. Essentially, this was the best possible outcome I could've hoped for.

Thanks again for your advice in the other thread.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Glad to hear some companies still do it right!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:18 AM   #7
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Couldn't happen to a nicer fella. All the more impactful in a world where there is never ANY joy for most of us in
dealing with that genre of service types. I nearly got side-swiped on the interstate yesterday in full on
rush hour traffic. A Indiana car passing through town started a drift into my lane in the middle of three lanes.
I laid on the horn and they kept coming. I drifted left to protect my one day old wax job, and there was a
18-wheeler there. I kept steady on the horn and they kept coming, so I kept dodging left. By the time they
finally got the message, they were halfway over, and I was never more than 6 inches from side-swipe, because
of that truck on my left. I could just see my little car getting crunched under it's massive bulk. I looked in
my rear view and he had backed way off and there was no danger for me in that lane, so I guess my horn and his eyes
helped him take in the danger for me and he graciously gave way. For who is REALLY at fault, when I drift left on
purpose to counter a person drifting left negligently? The truck was at real risk from me, since he is so huge, and him
wrecking would be ugly. Of course, he had inside shoulder. But perhaps no less scary for him. I am guessing the tourist
was listening to the GPS telling him to move left and likely as not on the phone or had wild kids or a radio blasting.
But that MF kept a comin.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote