Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
backyardcigar

Default My Uzi Weighs a Ton

I saw this robusto stck while browsing for new cigars at my local brick and mortar and the name drew me in with curiosity…My Uzi Weighs a Ton!…

Produced by Drew Estates under the Subculture studios brand, with collaboration from Joya de Nicaragua..this is a very well crafted cigar, with a nice Maduro wrapper with a Connecticut binder and a mix of fillers including Brazilian Mata Fina Oscuro, Nicaraguan Seco Jalapa, Nicaraguan Viso Condega and Nicaraguan Esteli Ligero.

compared to other 5×60 robustos, this cigar is a bit heavier, so it kinda lives up to the name, the maduro wrapper features little to know no visible veins and light oil coating. the wrapper feels a bit rough, but it is very easy to light. toasting the foot of this cigar releases a sweet smell, that’s kind of earthy in tone and within the 20 minutes i could sense a very medium flavor that is subtle and spicy.

towards the middle half of the cigar is a slight hint of chocolate that to me is a nice nod to the drew estates java lines, i was very impressed with how the hint of chocolate was not enough to over power the spicy/earthy taste, but only enough to provide added flavor. near the end the taste becomes a bit bolder and more full bodied with a the spcy flavor turning to a more rich cinnamon texture with still subtle hints of chocolate.

overall i loved this cigar and recommend you look for it at your nearest Brick and Mortar store or wherever you buy online. retail price for the 5X60 for me was $9.50 plus tax.