Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #3561
TJarv
In it to win it

First Name: Tony
Trading: (58)
HUpmann
TJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Will he have to pay that?

I know the bid has been placed but surely someone will notice its a mistake

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
Old 12-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #3562
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw View Post
Anyone here carry a 1911 in an IWB in the small of their back? Looking for some recommendations on a holster. I have a Desantis Tuck This II I use for my Kahr, thinking about something similar that gives me some options for carrying a 1911.
Brian check out this guy, I had one for the 1911 I had and carried. Dunno if he does SOB holsters or not, you could ask. Lil one man shop with his small grandson

http://theisholsters.com/
Old 12-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #3563
Digs
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dennis
Trading: (17)
Digs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Anyone here carry a 1911 in an IWB in the small of their back? Looking for some recommendations on a holster. I have a Desantis Tuck This II I use for my Kahr, thinking about something similar that gives me some options for carrying a 1911.
Brian I use a Galco king tuk for my iWB I no longer carry in my back cant sit and it pull my britches down

A gun in your hand is better then a cop on the phone
Old 12-23-2012, 02:22 AM   #3564
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

They won't receive the $300k for it. I think some sellers have created additional ID's to drive up price and traffic because of how much it results in this kind of advertising. Happens on ebay all the time with buyers with low/zero feedback. Seller reports non-paying bidder to avoid fees and no real harm to seller than an unsold item and maybe the "buyer" gets suspended.

If you check local prices, they're still being listed at $1200-$1500 on a daily basis.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:38 AM   #3565
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Actually the local shops here have tripled prices on complete AR-15s and stripped lowers are selling for about 4-5x their normal price. Insane. I did sell 3 Pmags the other day for $33 each though
Old 12-23-2012, 05:06 AM   #3566
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Zxxkknjn

Quote:
I used to.

+1 for the custon kydex option. I don't know PJs, but I'm sure its good.
If you can find one local, thats even better. There's a guy that does it at my area gun show, does good work. Thing I like about the custom work when its local is that they'll mold it to your gun exact. so in the case of my 1911 which had an oversized safety lever, it still fit the holster like a glove.

I don't like the feel of all leather holsters very much... With all that said, if I did it again, for small of the back carry (only place a 1911 will fit for me), I would probably give an ADJUSTABLE leather/kydex hybrid try, with the idea that it would still have the better comfort of leather (my #1 complaint about kydex), but still have the super smooth and easy draw of the kydex. Something like the Tuck It. http://www.2ndamendmentstuff.com/The...he-Tuck-it.htm

In the end, I found it was more comfortable to carry a diamondback DB9 (6+1 9mm) on my side, in a kydex hoster.

Last edited by spectrrr; 12-23-2012 at 05:14 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:21 AM   #3567
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Actually the local shops here have tripled prices on complete AR-15s and stripped lowers are selling for about 4-5x their normal price. Insane. I did sell 3 Pmags the other day for $33 each though
I was at the gun show yesterday. One guy had a bucket load of pmags and was selling them for $35/ea. No pmags anywhere else to be found. Troy battlemags for $30 from a few people. very few mags in any other persuasion...

One vender had a few AR's left. I didn't ask about the price (not marked, never a good sign!)
On average, prices were doubled. basic DPMS ARs were selling for $1700.

Saw one guy with a few stripped lowers, selling em for $300/ea.
If there's still one there today, I might pick it up. Yeah, its pricy. But it's also IN MY HAND.

I think I've generally concluded that anything that doesn't arrive in my hand before mid Feb. is at risk of not showing up. But that's just a guess... I just don't know how fast they can pass this thing. Took em almost 5 years last time, but there's no guarantee it won't go faster this time.

Many of the major manufacturers are no longer taking orders for the entire year of 2013, they're telling they're telling distributors that the production line is maxed for the whole year. no more orders.
In the case of something like pmags, I'm not worried, those will get made. In the case of something like already long lead time AR's from smaller shops, I don't think those will ever materialize.

BUT ALL JUST GUESSING OUT MY ASS AT THIS POINT! NO ONE KNOWS!
Old 12-23-2012, 05:22 AM   #3568
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

Anyone carried both auto and revolver as a CCW? I'd like some feedback as to both. I've been leaning to a Beretta Nano or Ruger .357. But I'd like some pros and cons on both style of weapons.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #3569
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Finally snapped a couple pics of the new Kimber with my phone.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #3570
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:

from a fellow ultra carry user, that is sexy

Which model did you get?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #3571
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:

Nice! Love me some Kimbers!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #3572
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Anyone know of a decent concealed carry holster that will accomodate a sub-compact with a light on the under rail?
Old 12-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #3573
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
from a fellow ultra carry user, that is sexy

Which model did you get?
It's the Eclipse Pro II. I looked at the ultra and pro carry as well, I liked the way the 4" models fit my hands better and the eclipse had night sights already installed for way less than it would cost me to buy and install a set on the pro carry.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #3574
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
It's the Eclipse Pro II. I looked at the ultra and pro carry as well, I liked the way the 4" models fit my hands better and the eclipse had night sights already installed for way less than it would cost me to buy and install a set on the pro carry.
Very nice. I ended up adding night sights to mine (although it's getting a little old now, I might have to replace em in a few years). For me, overall height was important. I would haply take a 4" barrel combined with the grip of the 3" models. But I have very SMALL hands. Even with the 3", it shoots plenty accurate at shrot-medium ranges.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #3575
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Anyone know of a decent concealed carry holster that will accomodate a sub-compact with a light on the under rail?
I came across this in my search for a holster. They were recommended in a thread on a 1911 forum I was browsing.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #3576
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digs View Post
Brian I use a Galco king tuk for my iWB I no longer carry in my back cant sit and it pull my britches down
Found one of these locally today, I like that I can adjust the clips to adjust the cant. I've moved away from SOB, read too many stories about guys ending up in the hospital after falling on their weapon.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #3577
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

Quote:
I came across this in my search for a holster. They were recommended in a thread on a 1911 forum I was browsing.
Thanks Brian. That's what I was looking for.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #3578
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Ok guys I think it's settled. I think I want the Kahr CW45. Smaller than a 1911 but still 45ACP and cheaper than the XD-S

Old 12-24-2012, 04:46 AM   #3579
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

just make sure you shoot it first
years ago I was considering carry guns and tried the kahr 9mm once and HATED it. nothing wrong with the gun, just didn't work for MY hand. Nothing like a hands on demo
Old 12-24-2012, 06:59 AM   #3580
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
Nothing like a hands on demo
When it comes to guns, wiser words cannot be spoken.
Heck, come to think of it, same applies to breasts.