Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 02-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #181
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The journey from 260 to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post

Getting there is like being on a quest. Once you get there.... maintenance is always less exciting. Establishing the right eating and exercise habits while on the quest is the key to happiness once you reach maintenance mode. $.02
I started on some new meds and was eating too often just to keep my stomach down. I jumped up a bit. Now that's normaled out and I'm back to not being hungry and eating reasonable portions and getting full real quick.
I was guessing at 185 for my target weight, but I think it's going to be more around 180 with that 7 or 8 pound range around it.
I start physical therapy this Friday and that'll put my fat ass in the gym. I'm sure they'll give me a routine and I'm maniac with that stuff, so I should be in reasonable shape in a month or two. It's good, I get winded and jammed up way too quick. It's tough to get any work done.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #182
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Keep at it Kevin, you'll get there. Plus when you do, it's such a huge personal reward you'll ever wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

I had stalled around the 187 mark for a few weeks. I was good with that. But now something's kicked back in for me. I"m down to 183. Strange cause I feel like I've increased my caloric intake. I guess I should start tracking things again to really see.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #183
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Mine falls off when I'm not looking too, Bob. If I just do what's right (and comfortable) it takes care of itself. When I start thinking, that's when I have problems.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #184
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

Been bouncing between 180 and 190 the past few weeks. Seem to have gained some upper body muscle in the past few months. Think it's a combination of the pushups and the isometrics I added to the yoga like pre push up routine.

Happy in my skin here. Pants still fit so 185 must be the new 175.

Going to key west in 2 weeks on the one year anniversary of this weight loss and fitness quest so maybe a little push to be "pool ready".

Went in for an 11 hour long executive physical week b4 last. pretty extensive, including a treadmill stress test. Written report in a few days but.... I can now die happy.

A woman looked me in the eye and said I was perfect. . Some fancy gagetbthey use to measure body fat, muscle density bmi etc. Spits out recommendations. Mine was blank. She got the results and had some fun with it ... "don't let this go to your he'd but.... You're perfect" That felt pretty good after a year of working on my fitness.

Doctor did an end of day preliminary review. Blood pressure 106/62.
Colesterol 124. Psa low. Etc. Said my cardiovascular age is 41. Got 13 mets on the stress test, whatever that is.

What would have been a fearful and depressing event a year ago was a nice affirmation of the results. Of course the colonoscopy is in a couple weeks...arrgh.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #185
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Here's to many extra years of health, happiness and grandchildren because of your hard work and lifestyle shift, Dave.

Don't worry.....it's "light" beer.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:40 AM   #186
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

Unbelievably awesome!
Old 03-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #187
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Here's to many extra years of health, happiness and grandchildren because of your hard work and lifestyle shift, Dave.

Don't worry.....it's "light" beer.
thank you my friend.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:39 AM   #188
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Great News, Dave! WTG, Brother!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:48 AM   #189
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

That is great Dave. Good to hear!!!!
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #190
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Well done, my friend.
The doc told me last week, after checking my mri, that I had a 30 year old brain. With my brain, your body, advances in modern science, and your high rate of income, it'd be crazy to think you can't live to be 245, maybe 300.
(You're welcome to my juvenile brain as soon as I'm done using it, don't show up with a chainsaw.)
I'm still stuck around 193. I just went back on a strict low-potassium high-carb diet, so 180 should come around shortly. 170 would even be better so I can bounce between 170-180. We'll see what happens.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:20 AM   #191
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Dave. You and I seem to be right at the same point, although I never made it down to 175. 182 was the lowest, now maintaining at 185.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #192
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I should also mention, Dave just plain looks great. It's taken me awhile to get used to skinny Dave because he looks so much different, but now I can't imagine him any other way. It's truly an incredible transformation.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #193
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

Congrats!! Great feat there. Still working on mine. I've told myself every day M-F I'm doing my workout.
I haven't seen 180 since HS. I'm hoping for 210-215.

Last edited by Jasonw560; 03-27-2012 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Hit send my mistake
Jasonw560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #194
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Congrats Dave. You and I seem to be right at the same point, although I never made it down to 175. 182 was the lowest, now maintaining at 185.
Good on ya! 173.5 was my low and it was too low. Sub 10% body fat at that time. Caused food to be too important to my view of the world. Being able to maintain "a weight" seems the point. What that is needs to fit with your lifestyle choices and liveability factors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Well done, my friend.
The doc told me last week, after checking my mri, that I had a 30 year old brain. With my brain, your body, advances in modern science, and your high rate of income, it'd be crazy to think you can't live to be 245, maybe 300.
(You're welcome to my juvenile brain as soon as I'm done using it, don't show up with a chainsaw.)
I'm still stuck around 193. I just went back on a strict low-potassium high-carb diet, so 180 should come around shortly. 170 would even be better so I can bounce between 170-180. We'll see what happens.
Scott you need to find a place you are comfortable with. You look great at the weight I saw you at last. "The Quest" for weight loss is a temporary thing.. with a goal or many revised versions thereof. There is an ending point that you need to be able to live with and the implications of that were the difficult thing for me to accept. Just because we can drive the number down to the 170's does not mean that it's realistic to expect that to be a stable end point. For me, this was the most difficult part of the journey. Spent months fighting back down to the 170's only to bounce right back to the 180's. Now I use 190 as the ... ok get back on your game a bit threshold. The changes to eating habits and exercise seem to fit with a 180's range acceptable lifestyle for me. Hope that you find your happy place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonw560 View Post
Congrats!! Great feat there. Still working on mine. I've told myself every day M-F I'm doing my workout.
I haven't seen 180 since HS. I'm hoping for 210-215.
Hope and $ 1.95 will get you a $ 1.95 coffee at Starbucks. The best advice I can give is to think about what yoiu can live with/the lifestlye choices you can make permenant to keep a particular weight as "normal". Forcing to the lowest number possible is part of the mindset of weight loss. Stabilizing and maintaining a number is going to yield a different answer for each of us. Good luck!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #195
NeuRon
Formerly BigRonS

First Name: Ron
Trading: (22)
NeuRon will become famous soon enoughNeuRon will become famous soon enough

congrats again Dave.. i never seen you at the plump stage, but you were looking great at Shack.. i had alot of time to watch you during your Blitzkrieg cornhole session.. lol
NeuRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #196
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonS View Post
congrats again Dave.. i never seen you at the plump stage, but you were looking great at Shack.. i had alot of time to watch you during your Blitzkrieg cornhole session.. lol
You are the picture guy along the way... I've avoided forthe most part but after reading your thread adn realizing it has been almost exactly a year...

Can you tell which picture was from today?

Old 03-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #197
ahc4353

Personally I like either of the Klugs in the photo above.

Not an easy task to achieve what you have. Congrats and continued good health!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #198
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Well done Klugs!
Old 03-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #199
NeuRon
Formerly BigRonS

First Name: Ron
Trading: (22)
NeuRon will become famous soon enoughNeuRon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
You are the picture guy along the way... I've avoided forthe most part but after reading your thread adn realizing it has been almost exactly a year...

Can you tell which picture was from today?
hehe, very nice dave.. you should be proud brother..

BTW, i noticed that the pictures "help you see" the transformation along the way.. sometimes its hard to think that your hard work is paying off, but ive noticed that looking back at old pics gives me motivation!

be well and keep up the great work!

BTW, here is a more refined B&A for you and the crew!

NeuRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:36 AM   #200
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

From John Goodman To John Hamm in 18 months. It really paid off, Dave.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote