Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 08-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #101
Robulous78

Default Re: Breaking Bad Season 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR1205 View Post
When the body guard falls on the pile of money, I almost died. Also, I'm glad Bill Burr is in the show now, he's hilarious!
Agreed. I mean how true to life. Who wouldn't think about Scrooge McDuck-ing it, if only for a minute...

Bill Burr is funny, I'll say since this show I'll be looking out for him...

Marie slapping Skyler was pretty amazing, and them grappling over the baby, could totally see that going down, what surprised me most about that sequence was that Hank told her to give the baby back. We know Hank loves Walt's & Skyler's kids as part of "the family" but after the stay at the Schrader's earlier it seems, maybe only to me, that Hank wants a kid of his own, why Hank and Marie don't have kids yet? I don't know... but it seems they are getting a bit late in life to just be getting started... maybe one of them is sterile?... just a chance thought.

With that line of thought behind the following, is Hank telling Marie to put the baby down actually Hank showing his fear of Walt's episode ending threat? or do you just think the threat of Skyler's to call the law was enough to snap him out of his emotionality and think about the situation logically?

Another stray thought, the 2 cops that were "working" on Jesse in the interrogation room, they are pretty funny as well, not as funny as Bill Burr, but they definitely make good cop bad cop pretty hilarious...

/rant
Old 09-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #102
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

Anyone watch last night!? Please tell me how shocking last nights episode was...because I'm still trying to process it all
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #103
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
This is the last season? I guess I can understand that, stop it before it gets ridiculous and too redundant.

I'll be watching the premiere tomorrow for sure.
Too late. It got ridiculous last night.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #104
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

The last several episodes have been great. Going out with a bang!
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #105
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

yup, the rest of the season is definitely gonna be nuts, "going out with a bang" is an understatement
Old 09-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #106
Robulous78

That last episode was spectacular to say the least...

"I watched Jane die. I saw her overdose. I could have saved her but I didn't..." - SO COLD!!!

"your the smartest guy I know but you are too stupid to realize he made up his mind 10 minutes ago, The name is ASAC Schrader and you can go fu#K yourself..." what a line...Hank went out like a man, crawling to the shotgun, never giving up, looking at the end of the barrel saying "do what you gotta do..." Elevates him to total bada$$ in my book...

as we know, Walt wants "Jesse-the-rat" D.E.A.D. dead... I think its safe now to assume that M-60 will be pointed at some members of the Aryan Brotherhood, the real question to me is, do you think Walt will find Jesse and let him go? or finish him?

I understand Vince the Producer didn't want to dilute the plot any, but they could have/should have given us more on Todd & uncle Jack. I would have liked to know more about a man that can pull off 10 prison murders in 2 minutes...

Anyways, we have 2 more to go and alot lot lot more plot to cover, IE. Lydia Rodark-Quail, Shes a must die in my book...
Old 09-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #107
Robulous78

We could talk about what may or may not have happened had Flynn not jumped into the knife fight. For a second it seemed Walt was going for blood...
Old 09-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #108
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

Yeah I'm in total agreement with you. When he mentioned that he saw Jane die, it was then that I really started to see that this is more than just money...this whole drug operation has consumed and changed him.

I used to like Jesse, but now I have really grown to dislike him. I have this weird feeling that he will live to see the end of all this.

Something big is definitely going to go down this Sunday, because I feel like the flash-forward to Walt's 52nd birthday (episode 9) will pick up during next episode.

I did some research on the name of the last episode, and I have to say, Vince Gilligan gives the episode titles some very clever names. Ozymandias is the name of a poem about the inevitable decline of all leaders, and of the empires they build, however mighty in their own time. Indeed, that is exactly what happened to Walt now that his family has turned away from him, despite this whole ordeal originally being for their benefit.

The next episode is "Granite State" presumably where Walt runs away to. The final episode "Felina" is an anagram for the word finale. Gilligan describes the episode as "polarizing" so I guess we'll have to wait and see how things shake out....
Old 09-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #109
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Yeah I'm in total agreement with you. When he mentioned that he saw Jane die, it was then that I really started to see that this is more than just money...this whole drug operation has consumed and changed him.
What was left of the old Walt died with Hank.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:43 AM   #110
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Just began watching Ozymandias, last Sunday's episode. I've been skimming over many posts because I don't want to read any spoilers. What a slimeball Walt has become, is all that I can say so far. And Skyler is pretty devious when she needs to be as well. Can't wait till Sunday....Granite State. Maybe some explanation regarding that red Caddy with the New Hampshire plates? And that M-60 machine gun in the trunk?
Old 09-22-2013, 05:28 AM   #111
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

OK, he must have talked to Saul about that guy who could make anyone "disappear". That explains the New Hampshire plates on the car. But why would he risk going back there to ABQ, and his former neighbor recognized him....Remember that he could be facing the death penalty because two Feds died in that shootout, even if he didn't order a hit on them, he's still responsible
Old 09-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #112
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

meet me in new mexico, it's going down...
Old 09-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #113
Robulous78

This is gonna be FRICKIN' CRAZY!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #114
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Todd is a cold blooded SOB, along with his uncle. I guess they made the point crystal clear to Jessie
Old 09-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #115
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

Eagerly awaiting tonight's episode and the epic conclusion...Jesse is going to wake up in Chemistry class!

No, but seriously, there are so many speculations, that I haven't the slightest clue what is going to happen.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #116
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

It ended pretty much the way that I expected.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #117
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

It was a happy, sad, tragic, and yet satisfying ending all at once. Very well done episode.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #118
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

Agree Rob; very well summarized. Satisfying, but I hate, hate it being over. Going to have DT's next Sunday night for sure.
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #119
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

And the more I reflect on it, the happier I am the episode ended the way it did. The song choice of "Baby Blue" was genius. They did a really nice job of tying up all the loose ends any including some subtle themes and objects in the episode; Walt wearing exactly what he wore in the first episode for example.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #120
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

Quote:
And the more I reflect on it, the happier I am the episode ended the way it did. The song choice of "Baby Blue" was genius. They did a really nice job of tying up all the loose ends any including some subtle themes and objects in the episode; Walt wearing exactly what he wore in the first episode for example.
What an eye for detail! I never noticed that Walt was wearing the same clothes as the first episode, but now I'll have to go back and watch again.
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote