Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 08-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #1
Byaah
BYAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

First Name: Brandon
Trading: (2)
Army (Disabled Vet)
Byaah is on a distinguished road
Default NOOB Review: Perdomo Champagne - Sun Grown

The Aroma: Had a subtle aroma, nothing stood out very much but it was nice regardless.

The Burn: For the first 3/4th's of the Cigar it burned very nice, very even, only near the end was there any issue but nothing to turn me away.

The Taste: Ok, I am going to give this taste wheel a try. At points in this Cigar there were wood flavors to it, but not bad or overpowering. Maybe a slight clove/cumin taste. There was a slight orange zest taste to it. Now here is the taste I got the most, some kind of nut. Not sure what type but it was VERY nice, I loved it the whole time.

The Aftertaste: Aftertaste was the nut's again, it was good. I was drinking some sweet tea with it too and it only made it better IMO!

The Look: Cigar looked good, no defects to it.

The Time: Took just under 2 hours to smoke the cigar and I loved every minute!

The Price: IIRC it was b/w 5-7$

Overall Opinion: This is a cigar I will stock in my humi (when I get one lol!) for sure!!! I really want to see what this tastes like after 12-18 months.

**Side Notes***

Tonight was the first time I tried the retrohale(?) (breathing the smoke out through my nose sometimes), it really enhanced the experice, I could tell immedietlly. My nose did burn when I did it and when the smoke was going through my nose I sometimes got the feeling in my head of a small brain freeze, nothing hurt, but I liked it and will try to not look so stupid when I do it in the future, haha.

Byaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:27 AM   #2
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NOOB Review: Perdomo Champagne - Sun Grown

Nice review!
Old 08-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #3
Dude Here
I'm the Dude...Man!

First Name: Steve
Trading: (3)
Army (Served With Honor)
Dude Here will become famous soon enough

Nice review. The retrohaling will come in time, and once you get it down it opens up a whole new level of flavors out of your smokes.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:15 AM   #4
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Good job!!!
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #5
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Nice Review, Brandon! This Is A Good Cigar To Pass Out To New, Occasional Smokers. Not Too Strong, Very Little After Taste, & Fairly Complex.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote