Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about
Default Che: The Movie

I will be watching this movie at The Robinson Film Center in Shreveport, LA. Thought I would post it...should be interesting.

Che is a 2008 biopic about Marxist revolutionary Ernesto "Che" Guevara directed by Steven Soderbergh and starring Benicio del Toro as Che. The film is actually a merged version of two films by Soderbergh: The Argentine and Guerrilla. The first part focuses on the Cuban revolution, from the moment Fidel Castro, Guevara and other revolutionaries landed on the Caribbean island, until they toppled the dictatorship of Fulgencio Batista two years later. The second part focuses on Che's attempted revolution and eventual demise in Bolivia.

Che was screened on May 21 at the 2008 Cannes Film Festival reportedly running over four hours.[1] Del Toro won the Best Actor Award at the festival for his portrayal of Guevara in the film. IFC Films has acquired all North American rights to Che and will release it for one week in New York City and Los Angeles in December in order to qualify for the Academy Awards. The Argentine will be released first in January, followed by Guerrilla after the Academy Award nominations are announced.